no voltage with PMA setup

malloym

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
been having a real hard time trying to get this bike to start. I actually got it running yesterday, but something is not right.. I running the hugh's PMA setup.. I connected my meter the the green and red wires coming out of the reguator... when I kick sometimes I'll get 0 volts, sometimes 1.5 volts, sometimes 3.8 volts.

any ideas on what's causing this.. when I did get the bike running yesterday i did have 14.5volts while running....

Try it with a battery instead of the capacitor if it starts ok then the capacitor is possibly bad if it does not start you likely have another problem

yea, i'm going to make some test wires and hook a battery on the ground a go from there.

Double and triple check ALL your connections... Poor connections are 95% of the problems people have when doing these swaps... Check continuity on BOTH sides of a connection... I'll be leaving and hitting the road this week, so I won't be available for much tech help in the meantime... Good luck! (and check that wiring a 4th time :) )

Back