No weld bungs

PHeller

Erie, PA
Reaction score
Does anyone make a no-weld bung for a gas tank?

Basically it'd just be a small plate with a outlet for a fuel line (remote in line valve) that you could drill and tap on any tank and would include a rubber gasket.

The tank I've got would be fine with a remote petcock for inline fuel valve, but any petcock on the tank will hit the engine.

I'm currently designing a set of bungs for stock (oem) tanks to use aftermarket 1/4" NPT petcocks... Not sure if thats what you are looking for or not..

Drilling and tapping a fuel tank would be a no-go... The sheetmetal is a bit too thin to hold any torque on hardware...

I've got an old DT1 tank that'll fit over a single coil and the top motor mount, but the stock petcock is trashed and even if it wasn't it rests on the engine AND points the wrong way.

I'm trying to figure out how to utilize the tank without the stock petcock and without welding.

Oh, and its a petcock affixed with two screws.

Posted via Mobile

B&M makes a drain plug kit for transmission pans that didn't have one.

130-80250.jpg

It uses 1/8" NPT threads, it's easy to find 90 degree brass fittings in that size. But is there any reason you couldn't make a plate to cover the original hole out of, say, 1/4" aluminum bar stock and drill/tap it for 1/8" NPT?

Back