Non-Ethanol Gas for $1.95 Per Gallon!

sweet_ride_55

Sweet_ride_55
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post. However, I joined the Forum in July of 2015. I really enjoy the knowledge and comments from the members and the XS650.com.

Awhile back, I had a great experience dealing with member Royboy, who provided me with a fine set of original pipes for my '83 Heritage Special with 7900 miles.

After reading a reply recently from member 2M, about the price of non-ethanol gas selling for $4.50 a gallon in Texas, I was fortunate enough, here in Wisconsin, to get a tank full for $1.95 per gallon!

The '83 is my third XS. However, it is put away until spring. Bring on the snowmobiles. sweet_ride_55

Attachments

• DSCN0322.jpg
    DSCN0322.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCN0050.jpg
    DSCN0050.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 287
wow. that is one nice bike. 48 spokes and all.
I wish Bob was my uncle! yuk yuk yuk

Welcome to the forum, sweet_ride_55. Yeah, that's a really good price.

Small world. I've been in Omro a few times back in the 60-70's. My uncles' dairy farms were just the other side of Waukau from you, off Rush Lake. One of them did side-line electrician work in Omro.
Brutal winters there. Stay warm...

Edit: Okay, found that station. Flown over it while landing at Wittman.
Gads, Wisconsin has hundreds of non-ethanol stations.

Last edited:
Thanks 2M and Angus. It sure is a small world. Last fall we purchased a motorhome from San Antonio TX. I am a retired electrician in Omro, WI. My shop is a former electrical business shop. Really liked the pictures of your XS1. I actually saw an XS1 and heard it run when I bought my first XS, an '81 Special. It's not too cold here yet, 45 degrees and no snow yet.

Oh yeah, nice survivor HS! Been through Omro a few times. 2m isn't Omro the "waiting circle" for the gathering? Filled the Prius yesterday $17.87, and I'm good for another 450 miles.

Hi sweet ride,
ooh the envy! Up here the duty & tax on a gallon of gas is more than that!
And I envy the bike too. At least, I envy how clean and shiny it is.
Dunno about the megaspoke wheels though. An acquired taste?
My Canadian Heritage came with the 7-spoke cast aluminum artillery wheels.
I swapped them out for the mid-'70s deep groove aluminum rim wire wheels
because I love the way they look.
Swapped back so I could run tubeless and because I wearied of cleaning the bastards.
Practicality beats aesthetics, eh?
But those rototiller bars gotta go!
They totally eff up the bike's handling.
I swapped mine out the first week I got the bike.

The no ethanol stations are all over OK! I wish we had some local to me, but not maNY in TX.

Luckily my jetta is capable of 800 plus on 16 gal, and diesel is right at the same price as unleaded :)

Hi Roy, I really like the sound of the shorty pipes with the rear baffle plate removed. Nothing worse than a nice bike or car that you can't hear run. I re-jetted the carbs because the original pipes were quite blue. The bs34 main fuel jet is now 137.5 from132.5, the pilot jet is 45 from 42.5 and the pilot air jet is 132.5 from 135.
The bike runs real good, but I haven't had many miles to check the plugs or mileage.

My bad 2m the VFR approach fix for EAA is Fisk not Omro.

Oooooooohhhhh! *clank*

Now I gotcha!

Yes, and the holding area is around Rush Lake.

I'll never forget approaching Fisk: "Grumman, whatever, waggle your wings!"

Packed-in like sardines, close trail on downwind/base/final, landing 2-up, 1 short, 1 long.
That thing could never land short.
Just as well, turnoff put me in the middle of the 100+ Grumman Club campground...

Back