Non-Xs project need help wheel sizes

Poverty

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So like Im sure alot of you have seen the XJ fighter Ive been working on .. well anyways Its single disk up front with a traditional style tree .. I as of Saturday scooped a almost complete 1985 fz750 .. well after a bit of research the front ends will swap out according to the part numbers for bearings .. the only issue Im coming into is the OEM front wheel on the Xj is 17inch and the front wheel on the fz is 16 as long as I use the fzs cluster will I have any issues with the speedo being offand or will having a smaller front tire in general have any negative effects ? Im on the xjrider forum but those guys seem to like to not really modify there stuff as much .. idk different class of riders I guess .. still very chill group .. xs650 is my home so Im asking here ..people on this site like sawzalls and welders .. xjrider seems to dread them LMFAO

anyways input would be awesome thanks also if there is anything you guys want off a 1985 Fz 750 LMK im parting the whole bike - frame

The drive gear on the wheel and the cable both have different model designators, but the base part number is the same on the drive gear (25190) and the cable (83550) I'll bet it will work and not have any variances.

yeah I figured as long as I keep the speedo with the wheel then it will read right .. but what about going down a rim size in the front any negative issues with that ?

120/80-16 full diameter is 23.62 110/80-17 is 23.90. Taken from Dunlop's GT501 chart. Minute difference.
A radial 120/70-17 is exactly 23.62 inches. (Dunlop Sportmax)

Not a fan of Dunlop, but thier site is handy for this type of thing.

Back