*NOOB* couple questions and intro

DULLAHAN

chillin and cruisin......
Reaction score
Afternoon,

I've been searching the xs forums and search engines for bikes forever but finally stumbled across a build. Got back from overseas last may and finally found what I was looking for. Joined up on the xs650 forum a while back to search for info and parts but being this is my first xs i've got a few questions...

first off, my girlfriend wants to jump on the back of the bobber but with a springed solo seat on the hardtail all I've came across have been pillion pads (which i'm thinking might be the best option). being that the bikes hardtailed now i'm wondering what ppl have done for passenger pegs, rear fender reinforcement, and seat options?

secondly, with the hardtail ride being fairly rough to say the least for long trips has anyone been impressed with chopper shox or any other options?

thanks!

-Seth

guess i should put up some pics of the bobber...

bike4.png

bike3.png

bike2.png

bike1.png

watch chopper shox i got so from larosa design paid 68 bucks and the dont work:banghead: . they are for 700 pounds. never got a reply back when i emailed them about them:doh:. if u find some make sure they are rated for ur weight. most are just springs with fake shocks that do not work but look pretty. o welcome to the site lets see some photos:bike:

appreciate it man! hah yeah i'm not new to the forum world, just this one... am havin some trouble with the profile pic on this site though... got a 100x100 that won't submit

Welcome. That is a nice, clean bike. Very cool.
I have read that many people are using mountain bike shocks. Some even valve springs from a small block V8. I think the best bet is what you are doing and asking. Don't blindly buy a set. Go touch and feel someones shocks first.

thank you very much... i'm trying to test out as many options as possible. driving this guy to sturgis this year and the rides going to be way to hard on the cracked north and south dakota roads. need to figure something out... any ideas for the passenger questions?

Afternoon,

I've been searching the xs forums and search engines for bikes forever but finally stumbled across a build. Got back from overseas last may and finally found what I was looking for. Joined up on the xs650 forum a while back to search for info and parts but being this is my first xs i've got a few questions...

first off, my girlfriend wants to jump on the back of the bobber but with a springed solo seat on the hardtail all I've came across have been pillion pads (which i'm thinking might be the best option). being that the bikes hardtailed now i'm wondering what ppl have done for passenger pegs, rear fender reinforcement, and seat options?

secondly, with the hardtail ride being fairly rough to say the least for long trips has anyone been impressed with chopper shox or any other options?

thanks!

-Seth

My Chopper Shox work :shrug:, but I ponied up and paid Chopper Shox for them.

dsc0005a.jpg

thanks man, yours look really clean. but even with paying the buck20 or however much for the real ones, are they worth it for the ride in comparison to springs?

yours reminds me that the pics that are up of mine don't show that I'm runnin forward controls now. still tryin to figure out how to rig somethin up for the gf to ride on and put her feet...

thanks man, yours look really clean. but even with paying the buck20 or however much for the real ones, are they worth it for the ride in comparison to springs?

yours reminds me that the pics that are up of mine don't show that I'm runnin forward controls now. still tryin to figure out how to rig somethin up for the gf to ride on and put her feet...

Thanks man. The little seat springs that I have sat on; I bottom out pretty easily. These I don't unless I'm riding with a pack or something.

I have since moved my forwards to mids.

Just use stock passenger pegs if you still have them and weld em onto the frame for pegs.

No worries. I was just kidding, but it does give you an idea of where to put the passenger pegs.

haha for sure man....

and as far as putting it on her bike, I FUCKIN KNOW RIGHT... not jacked about the pegs or pillion but it'll be a rarity that she'll roll with. thinking about getting another more passenger friendly bike just to not change much on the current one...:banghead:

keep it a solo bike so you dont have to drag her along...peace and quiet on the road is priceless.

Back