noob from montreal, just bought my first bike.

p3ll

noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i've been a lurker here for a while and have finally purchased my first motorbike, and yes... its an xs.
except for the clubman bars and the 2 to 1 headers this thing is stock.
the previous owner put new tires on in the fall and rebuilt both the break calipers.
i paid a grand flat for the bike and to my untrained eyes i think i found one in pretty good shape. my first plans are to replace the handle bars with something a little more chopper and a little less cafe, i'd like to be upright or possibly a little reclined, and to remove the battery and starter motor and replace them with a hugh's handbuilt pma.
thats it for now, any thoughts or comments you have would be welcome.
:D
yyKpZl.jpg

FqBOkl.jpg

YW3eUl.jpg

X0gHml.jpg

it started on the second crank after having been sitting since the fall, no blue smoke.
the forks are smooth as can be.
it was also -20 degrees out that day (about -4 degrees F)

Looks like an easy fix up. I have always liked the stock later model pull back bars , probably came stock on your year model. I could ride all day with those bars... Seats and side covers are darn near everywhere with guys stripping them apart to make choppers, you could find everything you need here in short time. Looks like maybe there is a head gasket leak....Not a big deal but a good winter project.
Good luck with it.

Back