Not quite fong bros. Quality! But hacked on a hard tail

smokenjoep01

Motorcycle Freak
Reaction score
Finally got the charging system fixed and have been using my Pamco Pete neutral switch head light mod all I can riding it as much as I can.
It's your typical run of the mill hard tail with a Sortster gas tank and limp dick taillight. Its a custom hardtail done right here in the Port City. I used threaded rod ends with giant wing nuts for axle adjusters. Used a old double open ened s wrench from my grand Dads tool box for the brake stay in the rear. Twisted some rod for the rear brake arm. Stove in the sides of the tank frenched in the fuel indicator with a pocket I got off the handle of a fire place shovel handle. Added a U.S. quarter for some filler wels. Relocated the petcock to utilize all the fuel. also relocated the filler. Got a hand grenade fro the military surplus and made it into my kicker lever. Paucho head light. Green testicles dangling infront of my tool bag. And a bunch of other shit I most likely for got to mention. Enjoy the pictures. And thanks to all that have helped me on this forum with my charging issues. All the photos can be seen here.http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/smokenjoep01/revenge run/XS 650/
Check out my website. www.performancecyclesnc.com
Bikephotos033.jpg

Bikephotos030.jpg

Bikephotos037.jpg

Don't put yourself down man thats a nice bike and every bit as good as a fong bros bike

Brother, this is a damn fine scoot.

I usually hate the overused Sportster tank, but you have made it completely your own. Bad ass. This is the first time I've seen one of those sight gauges that actually looks good rather than an afterthought. And the paint on the tank... perfect.

The seat doesn't seem to go with the rest of the bike and the squashed gators detract from the overall look. How functional is the kicker? Does it try to roll out from under your foot? Very cool idea.

Attention to detail and the little things are what make a bike great, and you have built a top notch chop. Thanks for sharing.

You, like the Fongs, totally suck. :thumbsup:

Wow, Thanks for the kind words. I really hate the seat myself. It's actually the second attempt. The first looked better suited for a road king. Every one that does seats charges a arm and a leg. Any affordable seat guys on this site?

i agree with everyone else. top notch stuff. good to see some bikes being completed for the summer months. looks like you are in nc. what part? anyone ever startup an east coast xs run/meet?

smokenjoe,

Well, I'm no fan of hard tails, but you almost have me convinced......great job and work of art!

The detail is astounding....

Really great bike. I may be numb but I have a question. I look at the support for your rear wheel shaft (tensioners) and I wonder if they are tough enough to support bumps and everything you may find on your way on the road. It's the first time that I see a setup like this and I would be afraid that it may breaks while driving it.

Bikephotos030.jpg

Nice work! I'd like some detailed breakdown on little bits and pieces if you've got time to lay it out for us. What is the knob behind the right side peg?

Anyway you could give us some detail on the fuel lines? It almost looks like you may have a small pump in front of the tank?

I'd be happy to answer questions. The clip ons I am pretty sure I got from Mikes XS all the knurled pegs and hand grips and fuel petcock are from Pingel. The knob behind the rear brake switch is were I cut off the stock frame to be able to use the stock switch bracket. Needed something to cap off the hole at the tube end. Robbed the knob from the pivot of a school bus dolly mirror. I now use it for a helmet holder! I also used a old 2 stroke dirt bike piston for a barend mirror. There is no fuel pump. Its clear fuel line from the petcock to the tee then it splits to two clear lines that run to the carbs. The crankcase vent tubes and overflow fuel lines are also clear.
This will actually be my fourth season on this build. It's nothing new. The axle adjusters I have used on several custom frames I have done for Harleys. We like to jump them over speed bumps, curbs etc. Burn outs and fat guys, NO PROBLEMS! Hell There has even been a fat chick or two sat on that rear fender.
The dished tank and sight gauge are quite easy to do and I would be happy to replicate it for others at a resonable fee. I can also do handlebars, hard tails etc. I am in Wilmington, NC.
Thanks Pete for your kind words.
As for a XS meet, thats a great idea. We need to put somthing togethe for this fall maybe? They just had a run here for hard core chopper types called the "Revenge run" Google it or go to this link for pictures and info. Be sure to put it on your schedule.
http://www.chopcult.com/event/109/
http://revengerun.blogspot.com/
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3900 My pictures are on the last page of this link.

Anyway you could give us some detail on the fuel lines? It almost looks like you may have a small pump in front of the tank?

What made ya think it had a pump? Now ya got me thinking I need to add some forged pistons and some nitrous!
Anybody know if there are any 5 over forged pistons made for the XS?

What made ya think it had a pump? Now ya got me thinking I need to add some forged pistons and some nitrous!
Anybody know if there are any 5 over forged pistons made for the XS?

I saw the funky single pepcock at the bottom of the tank and then in one of your pics on your photobucket pages I thought there was a black round resivour (sp?) in front of the tank. Could I thought perhaps it was a pump to draw fuel from the low pepcock to the top of the frame. Didn't make sense to me but I am no custom builder and I now fuel doesn't flow up as well as down :shrug:

Back