Not Xs.... it's from Italy

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/groups/290547557625886 This Am I hit the local Saturday morning waterhole and for some reason I dressed.... Italian. Also had the cycle trailer hooked up since it was going to winter storage. After the knee-deep BS many of us attended the open house at the scooter dealer (Free Donuts!).. Upon arrival I saw two rolls of used scooters and one motorcycle. OOooooooh ! It was if the God of Motorcycles had divine interventions and directed my day... a day of Italy. Did i need a 1968 Gilera ? ( I think Sears sold them )... It's now in winter slumber at my buddies. He rode it aroind the block.. said it ran great... lights, everything worked.. even the cheesy horn. For a cheap $1100.oo ... I couldn't pass it up.... 😎

Attachments

• G 4.jpg
    G 4.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 50
  • G 3.jpg
    G 3.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 51
SOLD ! A buddy.... was really ... really stoked about the little Eye Tie motorcycle.... kept dogging me .... told me I already had two and a half Italian motorcycles.... he had... none... always wanted one.... pack my bags I'm go'n on a guilt trip... ... So, I relented... showed him the invoice... and said... I want a $1.oo more so I can tell others I made money. 😎

Must be best mates with Lucas
Lucas and Magneti Marelli did exactly the same thing - supplied components and looms based on price.
Both were capable, and did, supply top quality gear for customers who paid the price, but low quality crap for tightwads.
Guess what we suckers got?

Ok.. I'm KEEPING this one ! There's a shop in the metro that works on old stuff... about the only one left.... this little Monkey Wards Riverside has been there all summer... my buddy didn't know why it was there or what was wrong with it.... Turns.. compression feels good he said. Seems the owner appeared after months and wanted to sell it.... So, my bud texted me photos.... $300.oo.... Dang ! ! .. so, I bought it over the phone and I'll pick it up next Thursday ... 😎

Attachments

• Bellnillie mc.jpg
    Bellnillie mc.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 33
Yes! That thing is awesome!!

There was a riverside Lambretta sold here in the states too.

Wonder how many vehicles were imported and rebadged by sears/Montgomery/ wards.

They did Allstates as well that had a few different rebadges.

If your ever looking to get rid of these small 50s/60s oddballs let me know.

Back