Nothing worse than .......

Scrambled

Motorcycle Man
Reaction score
I am just getting back on my feet after an injury in February . My bike is ready to go , the weather finely warmed up, now I have to build up enough muscle in my leg so I can swing it over the bike . I can't even drive a car yet, can't lift my foot off the gas and on the brake.

I missed the Forum , I haven't been able to use the computer because it is upstairs (today is my first trip upstairs since injury) . Nothing worse than having a bike and not being able to ride it on the first warm day in the spring .

Scrambled,
Glad your on the mend.
Going up & down the stairs is probably good physical therapy.
You will be able to swing the leg over soon enough.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks , good to be back on here ,I really missed this . I don't think I will ever get even close to 100% ( was no where near that before my latest spill ) but I will settle for just being able to ride .

Going up and down stairs would be good if my knees weren't worn out ( severe arthritis , I wasn't supposed to be climbing stairs at all for the last few years , but I never do what I am told anyway ! ) So far it looks like I will be riding before I am able to drive a car .

OK Evenmore, how do we mount an XS 650 motor to that thing ? I have had enough people ( and doctors ) suggest ( and they were serious ) that I get something like that . I don't have much ,but I still have my dignity . If that was the only way for me to get around I would blow my brains out .

Take care of your health, and good luck with your recovery. I want to see you back on your bike:bike:
Thanks R G . I figured out how to get on my bike today . I had to take the brace off my right leg , then swing it over the bike ( have to use my hand to lift it high enough ) then put the brace back on . Same thing with the car , it was the brace getting in the way .

Xs650 reverse trike?

Ive been thinking about building one myself... just not like those snowmobile on wheels things.

Doctors dont know everything. My sister-in-law had a stroke at 31, and was never suppoised to walk or talj again, she still struggles, but shes doing it... pure determination trumps all.

"OK Evenmore, how do we mount an XS 650 motor to that thing ?"

Dont even get me started, Id have you racing your rascal scooter in no time. Wheelies, burnouts, the whole lot. Unfortuantely, due to a misunderstanding between myself and a royal canadian mounty, the only way im allowed in Canada is as an ingredient in doog food.

But seriously, where there is a will, there is a way. No doubt you'll be riding again, only question is how fast can we all get you back on the bike.

Some sort of trike is a good idea, but not immediate enough. Some fab work involved there.

We are glad to have you back Scrambled. Whatever we can do to help, but you already know that.

Took my 1st ride on my xs yesterday . I got problems . 1 , I found out that I am not ready to ride yet ( after a couple of miles I couldn't lift my right foot off the peg ) and 2 , my bike is nowhere near ready yet . The clutch is slipping and is right out at the end of the adjustment . I need a new clutch I guess , so I might as well replace and upgrade everything I can . Plus ,even though it was running like a champ in the garage on the road it was popping and sputtering .I somehow pulled a vac line off the left carb and didn't notice it until after I took it down the road . Put it back on, but it didn't seem to help. It still felt good to be riding ( I rode about 15 miles trying to adjust stuff ) but neither me or my bike is ready .

Back