Notice to Yamaha 650 Society Members

bluebikerblan

Geezer
Reaction score
The mail & membership info computer for the Yamaha 650 Society has crashed, and even though backed up,
administration needs the help of all existing Yamaha 650 Society members to rebuild the information needed.

Here is a copy of the communication from Interim Director Don Lawson in this regard: Blue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi Folks -

Early this month (September, 2010) the hard drive in my 1980 computer (DOS, Professional Write program) which I used to make newsletter mailing labels died.
And, it was only 30 years old!

I have the file backed up through April, 2010, but I'm not sure yet if I can find anyone who can read it.

I need you to send me a copy of YOUR LAST MAILING LABEL so I can start to rebuild the Society Data Base on another media. If you can, please do this before October 20, 2010.
This won't be easy or quick.

If you have any ideas, let me know!

I have tried several experts and so far they can't recover the mail list.

There may be a delay in the next newsletter.

Thanks.

Don Lawson
Interim Director
Yamaha 650 Society
27 Green Acres Drive
Rolla, Missouri 65401

email: dlawson@fidnet.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

example of type of label info. needed
-----------------------------------------

Joseph T. Schmucksicle #6161 12/11
6900 Cherry Blossom Ln.
Upright, LA 87654

-----------------------------------------

Thanks, Don hopes to get things rebuilt and operational by mid October with our help
and timely response.

Blue

Highspeedhamish, Way off! :laugh: .. from the post above:

Early this month (September, 2010) the hard drive in my 1980 computer (DOS, Professional Write program) which I used to make newsletter mailing labels died.
And, it was only 30 years old!

I paid my dues for a couple of years, but the trouble is that 1980's computer mailing list was used to print a 1960's era newsletter. While I don't think it needs to be hi-tech, something approaching late 20th century would be appropriate for such a group.

John

Just to be clear, this site has no affiliation with the Yamaha 650 Society. This is not an advertisement or endorsement for them, but an announcement to help their group out after a computer crash. The reason it is posted here is that some people who browse XS650.com might belong to the Yamaha 650 Society and will need to get in touch with Don Lawson so they can get their mailing list back together. This sticky will be removed in a couple of weeks after their next newsletter goes out.

On behalf of the Yamaha 650 Society Members who are also members on this site forum, I would like to thank you Travis for letting us post this "sticky" regarding our problem and communication need. Most gracious & appreciated! Blue

Back