For Sale - Odd gas tank

Kenton

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold!! I purchased this thinking that I would use it on a project that I am currently working on. I have since decided to go with a Lowbrow tank. I know nothing about this tank other than it came off of a nitro burning XS hill climber. No dents. No rust inside or out. I wasn't real happy with the seam surrounding the tank. I do feel as though this could be modified to look a little cleaner. Includes gas cap. $100.00 shipped.

Attachments

• Bobber gas tank 001.jpg
    Bobber gas tank 001.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 268
  • Bobber gas tank 002.jpg
    Bobber gas tank 002.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Bobber gas tank 003.jpg
    Bobber gas tank 003.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Bobber gas tank 004.jpg
    Bobber gas tank 004.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Bobber gas tank 007.jpg
    Bobber gas tank 007.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Thank you! I appreciate it :thumbsup: Love them both actually and they're both a blast to rip around town in. The brat does ride like a rigid however with the Burly shocks. Only thing I might change would be the swing arm because of the occasional chain slap I get on the under-brace. I already swapped sprockets but still pretty close. Other option is a custom chain guide or delrin guard.

Have a build thread I can follow? Look forward to see which route you go :)

Funny you should reply to this ad. Your "Brat" is the inspiration for what I am wanting to build. I really dig your hard tail, too. Which one do you prefer? I haven't ruled out going rigid.

No build thread yet. I have mainly been purchasing the parts that I want to install on the bike that I have not purchased yet. Ha! I have purchased a VI pre-weld, progressive 412's & a nice set of rain catcher rims. I also have an un-titled 81 frame. I'm also considering an Ardcore hard tail since they are here in Indy. Great bunch of guys that produce a fantastic product. I have been to their facility and checked out their hard tail. Beautiful product. I just don't know if my 46yr old back can handle a bike without suspension. I'm perplexed.

No build thread yet. I have mainly been purchasing the parts that I want to install on the bike that I have not purchased yet. Ha! I have purchased a VI pre-weld, progressive 412's & a nice set of rain catcher rims. I also have an un-titled 81 frame. I'm also considering an Ardcore hard tail since they are here in Indy. Great bunch of guys that produce a fantastic product. I have been to their facility and checked out their hard tail. Beautiful product. I just don't know if my 46yr old back can handle a bike without suspension. I'm perplexed.

Nice, you can't go wrong with the VI or Ardcore route. Send me your build link when you start it.

Hmmm....on second thought, I went out and double checked.

It appears your mount holes are different than my dads M50 tank, so now I'm not certain what model it fits?

The gas cap is identical, as is the overall shape of the tank....

Last edited:
painted Wassel Peanut for $65??? some punks have all the luck! LOL

i mean, it's cool enough it was on a nitro burning XS hill climber. Being that it was never dented, either the rider was really really good at hilltopping or it never got used much.

either way someone just nabbed a smokin deal on that tank (can you smell my jealousy)

:bike:

Tank arrived this morning, smooth transaction and shipping from this dude,
Much appreciated. I've got a voodoo vintage frame with a tiny backbone, gonna relocate those front tabs and it looks perfect on my bike

Tank arrived this morning, smooth transaction and shipping from this dude,
Much appreciated. I've got a voodoo vintage frame with a tiny backbone, gonna relocate those front tabs and it looks perfect on my bike

Kick ass man!!! I'm glad it worked out for you. Send me some pics and thanks for the compliment.:thumbsup:

Back