Odd handlebar risers / clamps

LasCruces

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen handlebar risers / clamps like these on an XS650 - or any other Yamaha or ??? These came with a front end which was a hybrid of XS and RD350. The clamps look like aftermarket items, with additional holes and features. Fit perfectly into the XS top triple tree. Standard 7/8". DSC02566.JPGDSC02568.JPGDSC02570.JPG

The Virago risers have a similar angle, but none of the other weird features of those in the picture. I can't imagine what the extra holes and indexing holes and tapped holes might be for. No big deal, they work, but there must have been a purpose for those extras.

There may be a Virago that added mounts for instruments to the risers. These are my Virago risers with a a low grade polishing.
17127903051584789498794573739867.jpg

I had a Virago 750 about 40 years ago, but don't remember much about it, except that my brother-in-law wrecked it..... I figure the extra holes in front of the handlebar top clamp were probably for gauge mounts. The other lateral holes..... who knows? They look like indexing holes for dowels/pins.

Back