eBay now has AI -- weird...

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
If you are listing an item for sale on eBay, eBay will now let you use Artificial Intelligence to generate an Item Description for you, if you so choose, based, apparently, on your Item Title and particulars.
Here's how it works. I'm listing early handlebar risers and dampers, and I came up with this as my Title Listing:

1970-1973 Yamaha XS1 XS2 TX650 Handlebar Risers Dampers 1971 1972 holder clamps

Here's the Item Description that eBay's AI generated for me:

Improve the look and feel of your vintage Yamaha with this set of handlebar risers and dampers. The risers are designed to fit 1970-1973 Yamaha XS1 XS2 TX650 models and come with holder clamps for easy installation. These parts are perfect for those looking to upgrade their motorcycle and add a touch of style. The brand of these risers and dampers is Yamaha, a trusted name in the world of motorcycles. Whether you're a seasoned rider or a beginner, these parts will enhance your riding experience. Bid now and give your Yamaha the upgrade it deserves!

Pretty creepy. A couple days ago I was looking at some XS650 parts listed on eBay that I thought were suspiciously cheap, listed by a seller with no track record or history on eBay. The Item Descriptions were just like the one above. I though that for sure it was a scam seller. Now I know better -- the seller is probably real, he just used eBay's AI to draft his description.

Here's another. I'm listing a complete decompression handlebar lever/throttle/switch assembly. This the Listing Title that I made:

1972-1973 Yamaha XS2 TX650 Decompression Lever Starter Run Kill Switch Throttle
I also cross-referenced a couple of relevant part numbers in the "Item Specifics" section of the listing.

Here's the Item Description that eBay's AI generated for me:

This item is a Yamaha decompression lever starter, run kill switch, and throttle for the XS2 and TX650 models made between 1972 and 1973. It is compatible with other handlebars, grips, and controls for motorcycles and scooters. The manufacturer part number for this item is 306-83981-00, 306-83981, 306-83981-00-00, 306-83975-00-00, 306-83975, and 306-83975-00. This product is ideal for those who want to replace or upgrade their motorcycle's controls. The brand is Yamaha, a reputable manufacturer known for producing high-quality motorcycle parts and accessories. This item is perfect for eBay Motors enthusiasts looking for a reliable and functional motorcycle starter switch and throttle.

Back