Oh my, ordered myself up some stuff...

Johnny Glass

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
All from MikeXS:

- Stainless Brakeline

- 2-1 Performance Headpipe set

- Muffler - taper universal

- jets 125 and 120 mains and 45.0 pilot (not sure what i'll need)

- speedo cable

- Handlebar - chrome dirt/street

- speedo blackface 0-160mph

Can't wait until I get it all!!! :bike:

Great order! I know the feeling all to well of placing an order and waiting everyday for it to come, tracking the package til it hits your doorstep. Just got my brand new 18x2.5 Excel back rim, stainless spokes and nipples from Buchanans today:D

I just wanted to make sure I have it done by the end of feb. so it's ready for riding season. And with income tax returns on the way I figured it was time to pull the trigger!

Planning on posting pics of the install as well.:thumbsup:

How was the service at Buchanans?

Overall good service. I've dealt with them twice now. Took about a week and half to receive my order. Not too bad considering I'm on the east coast and they are in Cali. Also the rim has to be custom drilled and the spokes have to be made. Their products are top notch. They could use a little bit better customer service. I place my order via website on a monday. They require you to enter a credit card number at time of order. I got an email with a confirmation number almost instantly, but they don't tell you your final bill due to the custom spokes being listed as $0.00. That wedensday I still had not heard from them, so i decided to call to check the status of my order. The lady i spoke to seemed kinda annoyed that i called when she said "well you just placed your order monday". I didn't expect the package to be shipped or even ready to be shipped. I just wanted to make sure everything was good to go for my order. After dropping $330 on my order, I guess I expected at least an email response acknowledging my the final billing of my order. Would definitely do business again with them in the future

All from MikeXS:

- Stainless Brakeline

- 2-1 Performance Headpipe set

- Muffler - taper universal

- jets 125 and 120 mains and 45.0 pilot (not sure what i'll need)

- speedo cable

- Handlebar - chrome dirt/street

- speedo blackface 0-160mph

Can't wait until I get it all!!! :bike:

Not gonna lie, sometimes I sit around trying to think of things to order just to get the free shipping! :D

:bike:

i know every ups stop that packages go to from mikesxs to my house. i remember my first order like it was yesterday. first time ever ordering anything offline. i got the package and ran around the house like a little kid. it was like 44 pieces of xs goodness.

Overall good service. I've dealt with them twice now. Took about a week and half to receive my order. Not too bad considering I'm on the east coast and they are in Cali. Also the rim has to be custom drilled and the spokes have to be made. Their products are top notch. They could use a little bit better customer service. I place my order via website on a monday. They require you to enter a credit card number at time of order. I got an email with a confirmation number almost instantly, but they don't tell you your final bill due to the custom spokes being listed as $0.00. That wedensday I still had not heard from them, so i decided to call to check the status of my order. The lady i spoke to seemed kinda annoyed that i called when she said "well you just placed your order monday". I didn't expect the package to be shipped or even ready to be shipped. I just wanted to make sure everything was good to go for my order. After dropping $330 on my order, I guess I expected at least an email response acknowledging my the final billing of my order. Would definitely do business again with them in the future

Thanks for the response!

I use my credit card but order through Paypal...an invoice is usually sent almost immediately. But perhaps you would've had the same experience because of the spokes.

His stainless brake line is something you don't want. The coating on the outside gets opaque then cracks then falls off in a few months. The banjo fittings are aluminum, which means they won't take the specified torque because they start crushing first, plus if the fitting gets hit it would break. I wouldn't want to have to call a truck because a piece of debris hit my brake fitting. I have a feel for how easily they break because I broke one in half trying to tighten it up enough to not leak.

His stainless brake line is something you don't want. The coating on the outside deteriorates and crack and falls off in a few months. The banjo fittings are aluminum, which means they won't take the specified torque because they start crushing first, plus if the fitting gets hit it would break. I wouldn't want to have to call a truck because a piece of road debris hit my brake fitting.

I was actually thinking of ordering those....so what alternative do you recommend?

I'd probably get something from 650central.com There are a lot in that price range which is about twice the cost of Mike's. I remember Travis suggested a brand once.

Got it all in a few days ago. Exhaust and handle bars installed. should be able to finish up the rest this weekend.

Unfortunately the brake line is to long, but after hearing about it's low quality I will likely go another route anyway.

mine33.jpg

Back