Oil leak on the 75

rickthefix

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
After running/riding the bike Sunday, seems there is a left crank seal leak. I replaced the clutch rod seal not ling after buying it, and checked it when the cover came off. The cover gask was very oily too. Got the brushes off of it but will have to look into couple toolboxes to find the rotor tool. I wasn't expecting this, but IDK if it's ever been changed. Being that it was rephased, I'd have to imagine it was. That was quite some time ago, maybe 25 years or more. So getting my shopping list of other things it needs. I retentioned the clutch gear spring but it's still not holding the gear when cranking, don't remember the gear being in bad shape, but will go ahead and buy/replace with the kit. And that means another gasket for that cover. The clutch retaining screws heads were not in great shape last time I was in there, so buying those. And STILL not made the uppe brackets for the 1/4 fairing. May change out the lower brackets to something a little more stable/sturdy, but this will be another time . . .

Attachments

• 419045302_10233449339040120_4454061721404044867_n.jpg
    419045302_10233449339040120_4454061721404044867_n.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Partzilla lists it as a 93102-25061
If you squint... looks like a 25x40x8 double lip.

1711505889803.png

Here’s a thought on your quarter fairing mounts.
I once had a similar situation and seeing that you are using bar end mirrors reminded me of then using the original mirror mount holes to become risers which the quarter fairing could nicely attach to.
👍

Here’s a thought on your quarter fairing mounts.
I once had a similar situation and seeing that you are using bar end mirrors reminded me of then using the original mirror mount holes to become risers which the quarter fairing could nicely attach to.
👍
Using head light mounting bolts with some sort of U shaped brackets and the mirror mount holes for brackets already. I dont like using the U brackets, too difficult to get it stable with those. I'm thinking of somehow using a rod attached to the holes in the side of the fairing and attaching a bracket with a hole and a set screw on the headlight mounting bolts. But not taken the time to iron out how that will be designed, just rough draft in my head. That way I can hard mount the headlight bucket w/o the fairing being mounted, which is the weak point now.

Back