OLDSCHOOLCARBS

Rented Mule

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
5AE3DDC5-5CED-481F-937A-8ADAA21D18C7.png CB594558-86FC-45C7-833C-B535AD23965B.jpeg
Just finished reinstalling my overhaul carbs from Oldschoolcarbs and I couldn’t be happier. Rick West was a pleasure to work with and very meticulous as to the specifics of my bike’s setup. His prices, I thought, were fair and turnaround time was quick. If your looking for someone to help with your carbs try Oldschoolcarbs.

Last edited:
I'm a cheapskate and would never let someone else touch my carbs. But I sure can appreciate someone doing this and getting one good review after another. Of course there's more to doing this work, but they sure do look nice when they come back from this shop.

Scott

For my particular situation I was unable at the time to do the carb work myself. Other members of XS650 forum has referenced Rick and his services and I must admit I was skeptical at first but decided to give him a try. I’m glad I did because you can see the quality in his work and craftsmanship is so hard to find this day and time.

Those look nice! I need to get mine off to Rick...........after seeing a few posts on his work I want to see what comes back. Plus time to do it myself is just not there.

OLDSKOOLCARBS, Rick will give you a spelling lesson...................

Rick happens to live about a mile from me. I've built entire bikes from piles of rust, scrap and junk. I've done my own carbs before...everything from single Mikuni's to 2 cylinder carbs to 4 cylinder. It seems that no matter how particular and careful I am, I ALWAYS end up fiddling with them again. I learned a long time ago that my time and money is better spent by just dropping off the carbs with Rick. I have NEVER had to go behind his work.
After doing thousands of sets of carbs, Rick has developed a few special tools and techniques. You won't be wasting your time or money on his work.

This is a set of VF500 carbs he did for me. You're crazy if you think I would have delved this deep into a set of V-4 carbs!

carbs%20before2_zpsaqy783z9.jpg

carbs%20before3_zps9tq048xd.jpg

carbs%20apart_zpsocdqrixc.jpg

carbs%20apart1_zpsspk40asu.jpg

carbs2_zpsmyqt5ehu.jpg

carbs4_zpscvfruzbb.jpg

carbs5_zpsnma3sa32.jpg

carbs6_zpsoff8ac6t.jpg

carbs9_zpsfez15ttu.jpg

carbs10_zpsugeywdep.jpg

Phew....... glad i didnt buy the basket case v65 i was eyeballing a few years ago. Looks simular. Looks like rick can do some plating too.

Back