Omar's half mile pipes

londoncabby

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I bought a second hand set of omar's half mile pipes off Ebay unfortunately they didn't come with the collars/flanges(I never know the right term for these)so when I offer the pipes up to the exhaust ports they are not a tight fit at all and seem way too small,do the collars take up the slack is that correct,could someone kindly post a picture of these so I can see what their supposed to look like or ideally has anyone got some they could sell me,is omars still in business could I buy some off him?any help on this is appreciated cheers guys.

Last edited:
This is the best pic I have. The flange is just a flat piece if steel. Maybe a 1/4 inch thick. It push's against the large ring on the pipe, into the head port. You also need a gasket in the head. Harley steel wool gaskets work well.

Thanks for posting that pic Dave if that's all the flange is then something doesn't seem right,I'm new to these bikes and this is my first build so I will have to get someone who knows what their doing to have a look:wink2:

IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1739.JPG
I believe there's 2 gaskets (thick round gaskets) per side that came with my half mile pipes. I also ordered the optimizers which are optional. Pretty good fit however I did have to modify the muffler mounting bracket. I believe you can order the missing parts from Omar still. Send them an email. These pipes are the $h!t love them.
IMG_1376.JPG

To me they sound perfect. Not quiet like stock but not loud like open exhaust. They have an awesome distinct powerful sound that won't have your neighbors complaining if you ride in late..

Yeah that little bag is perfect for phone, flashlight, and few tools, and looks great. It's actually a genuine leather man purse I ordered from Europe on Amazon, came with the leather strap and everything. It mounted nicely on the stock xs650 seat hinges.

Back