Omar's Mile exhaust - how loud ?

David M

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to place an order for Omar's Mile exhaust. I prefer my exhaust to be on the quiet side. Besides, more and more governments are legislating and enforcing decibel levels.

Can anyone who has, or has heard, the Omar Mile's exhaust give me an idea how the decibel level compares to stock ?

Go to the next page after the mile pipes on Omar's web site in the street tracker menu. A buddy built the XS650 streettracker in the last issue of Motorcycle Classics and that is the set-up he used. I thought it really sounded good. They are called exhaust optimizers and they use an insert in the front of the pipe and the end of the pipe in front of the muffler.

They are not loud at all, they bark when you jump on it but not even close to Harley loud. Nice pipes, you should be happy with the sound from your description of what you're looking for.

I had planned to buy the exhaust port optimizers actually. But, I'd like to know why you like them. Enquiring minds and all...

You need to trick the exhaust into thinking it is still in an 1.5" exhaust to keep your mid-range. The 1.75 exhaust without the optimizers would be great at high rpm's but soft in the middle. 650Central has a much better explanation than I do.

You need to trick the exhaust into thinking it is still in an 1.5" exhaust to keep your mid-range. The 1.75 exhaust without the optimizers would be great at high rpm's but soft in the middle. 650Central has a much better explanation than I do.

That's just perfect. I don't mind technical, but that's all I needed to know.

Back