Omar's....yes, no, maybe, never again, never mind?

I had typed something longer but removed a portion. Wasn't sure how others would perceive it. Basically, I wanted to just say in regards to Omar's that I know he had some personal issues going on and that attributed a lot to what subsequently happened to his business. This is what I have seen per this site anyway. However, because he was running a business, people put faith in him to fill orders, answer calls, etc--basically they wanted customer service. Because of the failings in that regard, many have really written the name "Omar's" off. I just feel it will take a lot to bring that faith back to the "brand".

Yes. I received the email version and while I have yet to order from Omar's, I dont think his position is out of line, but might have encompassed Omar's entire line of products and delivery, not only glass.

I had some delays getting things from Robert that I ordered, but not like some experienced. I also always got responses from him within a few days of emailing or calling. All the product I received were quality and no issues with them. I hope someone picks up things like his 1/2 mile/mile pipes,front hub adapter, etc. These still seam to be sought after.

I agree 100% on the pipes and the adapters. However, from what I have seen on this site, he always had issues with tanks in regards to how it handled ethanol.

Yes, I have read about probs with the interior of the tanks and ethanol, and a complaint about the petcocks being glassed in, rendering removal impossible.

And for me alone, Kevin, I see you post from Minnesota. In the Twin Cities perhaps?
Just for Kevin as well, and I am speaking for me and I think the rest of the people posting here, all of us are looking for a great product that meets our needs in a timely manner with great customer service. Honestly, not a lot to ask IMHO.

Hi all,
First, I'm in the Twin Cities area.

I would recommend using non-ethanol gasoline and here's a link for gas stations that have non-ethanol gasoline: http://pure-gas.org. The few failures that I am aware of were in CA as there is something different about their gas.

Not sure what pet cock problems you're having as I do not fiberglass my petcocks in. They are put in with a 5 minute epoxy that can be broken loose and re-epoxied.

My goal is to provide you with fast turn around on your fiberglass orders as I know how important it is to get products quickly. When I want something, I want it now and don't like to wait either. Most products are usually on the shelf however, if I do need to make a tank, it takes about 5 days to produce. Therefore, most products will ship within 5-7 days.

I know the OMARS name has been affected by what has happened in the past but am optimistic your future experience will be better. That's my commitment to you! Bottom line is you are now ordering directly from me, the fiberglass manufacturer, from the beginning.

I appreciate your openness and the feedback you are providing as I will use this information to make the company better!

Hi all,
First, I'm in the Twin Cities area.

I would recommend using non-ethanol gasoline and here's a link for gas stations that have non-ethanol gasoline: http://pure-gas.org. The few failures that I am aware of were in CA as there is something different about their gas.

Not sure what pet cock problems you're having as I do not fiberglass my petcocks in. They are put in with a 5 minute epoxy that can be broken loose and re-epoxied.

My goal is to provide you with fast turn around on your fiberglass orders as I know how important it is to get products quickly. When I want something, I want it now and don't like to wait either. Most products are usually on the shelf however, if I do need to make a tank, it takes about 5 days to produce. Therefore, most products will ship within 5-7 days.

I know the OMARS name has been affected by what has happened in the past but am optimistic your future experience will be better. That's my commitment to you! Bottom line is you are now ordering directly from me, the fiberglass manufacturer, from the beginning.

I appreciate your openness and the feedback you are providing as I will use this information to make the company better!

So are you from the Twin Cities?

imgres

Supposedly, this stuff will protect a fiberglass tank from whatever garbage they're putting in our gasoline.

The pic is supposed to be Caswell liner.

I can't comment on Omar's fiberglass but I have a tank and tail from Grand Prix for my XT500 and it is top notch. Been running California pump gas in this tank for 5 years with zero issues.

Back