Ooops. I mixed up my collars!

Squishman

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I just bought my 1980 XS650 last weekend. It has a 19" back wheel conversion. I took the back wheel off to get a new tire mounted. I cleaned off both collars, then realized, I had mixed them up! I do not know which is left or right, or what side goes towards the wheel on each!! I cannot beleive I did that. The manual is not a good drawing of the collars, so that didn't help much. Can you guys set me straight?

Attachments

• 20240322_174902.png
    20240322_174902.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Near as I can tell, those aren't factory spacers. They look to be one offs made specific to your bike.
If I had to guess, the taller one would go on the right side.

you know if that 19" wheel was a "kit" conversion or one the builder fabbed up himself?

Near as I can tell, those aren't factory spacers. They look to be one offs made specific to your bike.
If I had to guess, the taller one would go on the right side.

you know if that 19" wheel was a "kit" conversion or one the builder fabbed up himself?
I knew that was a mod, but was hoping the mod was using actual stock parts.

Omar’s 19” rear conversion.
Pics help?

Attachments

• IMG_6467.jpeg
    IMG_6467.jpeg
    317.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6468.jpeg
    IMG_6468.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6728.jpeg
    IMG_6728.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6727.jpeg
    IMG_6727.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 24
The front wheel gets reversed when used on the rear and 2 bearings on what would be the right side and 1 bearing on the left side. The short spacer goes on the left side with the 2 bearings. The long spacer goes on the right side (brake disc side) with 1 bearing.:thumbsup: Installation instructions are still on the omars site.

The front wheel gets reversed when used on the rear and 2 bearings on what would be the right side and 1 bearing on the left side. The short spacer goes on the left side with the 2 bearings. The long spacer goes on the right side (brake disc side) with 1 bearing.:thumbsup: Installation instructions are still on the omars site.
That is just fantastic! Do you have a link for Omar's site? I googled and nothing.

Back