OT bought an early Sportster '59. . . still have the Brit XS650

PetesPonies

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
actually going to build the '59 as a '57, the first year of the Sportster; I like that looks better. Anyone here have an early Sporty too??

There are a few bikes on my "LIST" that I want to own somewhere along the line and the earliest sporties are right up there with a few brit bikes.

Working on deal with a friend with a 60 sporty. Won't be a resto.this thing is way cool. Bates style seat . A little babe pad on the bobber fender. Magneto. Nickel plated frame. Some tricks in the motor. Etc. To bad it's been rotting away in a barn for the last 20 years.

Of the H-D Sportster line, and I'm not that big a fan of the line to begin with, is the "K"& "KH" series. The flathead Sportys. What can I say, I like the flatties.

actually going to build the '59 as a '57, the first year of the Sportster; I like that looks better. Anyone here have an early Sporty too??

1957 XLH or XLCH? The old Harley dealer I worked for built the first Sportster stroker which Doc Dytch, the founder of Dytch Sales, later Axtell Sales further developed, think S&S motors

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 76
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 75
  • HD-XL883-Sportster-1957.jpg
    HD-XL883-Sportster-1957.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 75
Back