OUTSIDE DIAMETER of 35mm fork dust seals?

SICKLEBOY

Owner and perpetrator
Reaction score
Trying to figure what flashy fork covers will work on my XS...
I get that the fork tubes are 35 mm but what about the measurment of the fork dust seals?
What size does the fork cover have to be on the bottom to slide over the seals?

Moto Lana makes aluminum polished covers that fit xs 650. 35mm forks . I put them on the build I'm finishing now and they look gooooooood. One fit perfect and the other I had to take a little material off the inside and then it fit. Overall a good product though.

For $69 they should do both plus pour your beer and wipe your ass after a shit, lol. My God, I can't believe the wasted dollars around here. And I'll bet those were put on a bike that barely starts and runs. There's a guy across town like that. His bike fouls the plugs and dies about every 20 miles yet he's already bought the cafe seat, drag bars, and has the custom paint job all planned out. He's an "artiste" biker, lol, lol. He wants to rebuild the motor but I know what that means - I do the work and he watches. It ain't gonna happen. I will rebuild this twirp's engine but at the current shop rates of, what are they now?, $75 an hour? Sounds good to me, lol.

all this talk of ass wipeing...
The reason why I was asking was due to the fact that it was january 28th in CANADA, yeah I know so?... but It was about -30 something and my bike was in an unheated garage that is accross a large yard with waist deep snow.I figured it was easier to ask and have the information out there than it was to spend an hour shovelling my way to it and trying to get it done like a hero lol
I was inquiring not so much for the size of what I had but the size of what I needed to slide over what I had see?
Like I' was talking about the chrome Triumph style front end/fork covers that start at the top tree and end below the oil seal ...wondering what the outer diameter had to be to use them on a YAMAHA as opposed to a Triumph, dig?
lol and none oof that matters now I'm going with an old springer ....
Thanks for the responces ( all of them )

I have seen a xs or two running them , just wondered what size ...still might go this route with another I am building.
The springer is currently getting new trees machined and I'm gonna use the stock fork stem to eliminate all the bearing searches lol

* side note , yeay it was a disgusting amount of snow and we feel lucky that it melted at all the drift on either side of my front street was up to the side windows on the van lol ...But it's gone now and 74 degrees with sunshine till 10:30 at night.

For $69 they should do both plus pour your beer and wipe your ass after a shit, lol. My God, I can't believe the wasted dollars around here. And I'll bet those were put on a bike that barely starts and runs.

Actually the bike runs really good and looks killer to boot. They were def spendy but hey. I do all my own work on my bikes from paint to fab so I don't feel bad spending a few bucks on something that is the finishing touch on a bike I worked so hard on. That's me im crazy like that. They replace the rubber for the dude that asked.

Back