Paint less dent repair

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I have been lost on YouTube watching videos on this subject and it is absolutely amazing. There are a whole bunch of videos on this subject and the results these guys are able to attain is just incredible. Gas tanks that I would've thought would require a complete stripping and major repair are saved. With very specialized tools. I also found it very interesting the way they use heat to make the metal more malleable and also the use of specialized lights to see curvature reflections. I hope you find this as interesting as I did. It makes me think of the way I once lived with an otherwise perfect gas tank on a Triumph I owned that had a big dimple in the tank from a tip over. Here are just two of many videos.

Wow, that is amazing Bob.
I didn't know this was possible. Unbelievable!

I have been lost on YouTube
Paintless dent repair is quite an industry here in CNY, mostly with car fenders. They come to your home.
These guys, the really talented ones, are impressive..

BTW, I hope you make it home from UTube, Bob, your wife expects you for dinner ! ...;)...
I have heard that if you click your heels two times......

upload_2018-1-10_18-50-47.jpeg

I remember it from when I was a kid. It was kind of cult-like, with tools and methods kept secret.

I remember it from when I was a kid. It was kind of cult-like, with tools and methods kept secret.

That's too funny. Coming from a construction background ( prior to being a career government sponge) I can tell you that is the same with any trade. Anybody that knows how to do something specialized, guards it like they have the keys to the kingdom. Electricians, carpenters, bricklayers, cement work. Nobody wants to share their knowledge. Even later when was working with high speed mail sorting machinery, everything was electronic, computer controlled and the experienced electronic technicians were very reluctant to share their knowledge with the new guys. Human nature at its best!

Back