Painting Section

Space is a good starting point. Space has always been my problem, So I do some painting outside when the weather is right, not the best situation. How BIG do you want to paint?

If you're painting something the size of a fuel tank and spraying 360 degrees around it, 3 foot clearance around it would still be tight. If you spray enamel, the overspray can pepper everything in and outside of your garage.

Scott

If you're painting something the size of a fuel tank and spraying 360 degrees around it, 3 foot clearance around it would still be tight. If you spray enamel, the overspray can pepper everything in and outside of your garage.

Scott
The largest would be a fuel tank.

I will go with rattle cans... If that doesn't work I will talk it up with friends, a few beers or a handle of rum gets good results...

I have a small workshop, so to paint, I clear the area next to the door and string up a tarpaulin curtain around it, place a tarp on the floor and turn on the fan. Painting isn't something you do everyday, so having a dedicated area for painting is just a waste of space in most cases. I prefer painting outside as I like the look of multicoloured grass, but I don't have that option anymore.

Make a "Paint Booth" from a roll of heavy clear plastic stapled to the garage rafters with 2x4's stapled to the bottom of the "walls" to hold them down. Then use a 20" box fan to suck the overspray out. Wet the floor a little and pray and spray.

Back