Pamco first fire question

neanderthal

neanderthal
Reaction score
Had a quick question about firing my bike with the pamco for the first time. The instructions recomend that you use a battery to start the bike at first. My bike is batteryless and I do not have a battery to hook it up. Should I go out and buy a battery [this would be my last option as I dont want to put money where its not needed.] or could I hook it up to my car battery? I will not turn the key on the vehical of course and ill hook the negitave cable to a frame ground. I know you can jump a bike this way, but what about for firing up the pamco for the first time? Ill buy a battery before I blow the pamco though, but will the car battery give me what i need safely?

well then I would use an other battery for the first start.
make a jumper from one of your car batteries for the pamco
when you start the bike have a volt meter to test voltage if all is okay then connect pamco to bike battery. that's what I did with pma first use. but I didn't when I had a known charging system

sorry a little confused by the steps to take. Also i am running batteryless and dont have a motorcycle battery sitting around. but it sounds like a car battery jump should work? just use a meter to measure the output?

yes use meter to test output.
just test the voltage at the capacitor on first startup if voltage is okay then hook pamco up to the bikes system

Back