Wanted - Pamco ignition

Robhall

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Well it's time to upgrade, anyone got one I can take off their hands? I already have points, so I don't need the auto advance or any of that riff raff.

Mikes has the one with the coil in stock. The basic setup is out. You could try Pamcopetes site if you need just the basic setup.

Yeah I figured I would have to go that route, but I thought it was worth a shot if I could find a used set up and save a few bucks since cash is tight. What is the difference between the different kits? Will the $140 one work as well as the $170?

I haven't seen too many for sale to be honest. I am about to buy one, but for the 1980-1984 and I am going with the regular one. The high output being worth the money, I have no personal experience, but since you mentioned money being tight, I would spring for the $140 setup.

I read the writeup in the tech section about the better one having a much more powerful coil which is nice since I'm kick only, but it appears that since then Mike's has gone cheap and now has a lesser coil with the $170 kit... I dunno, I'm still up in the air.

hi i just purches a 14-0901.... after 10 years of points and 2 years ago i made a mistake buying a piece of electronic ignition crap in australia which was TAYLOR made by him ,,, that cost 350 bucks so i was burnt,,, and after emailing pete and mikes and getting great help i dragged out some cash and purchased 1 friday ,,with a few other items bite the bullet .... prize open your wallet... it doesn,t hurt with paypal regards oldbiker

Well I broke down and ordered the 14-0911 kit. From what I've been reading the coil really is worth the extra $30. Better burn and everything. Since I live in FL, I should have it Monday. Thanks for your advice guys!

I just did the PMA swap a few months ago as well. As long as my old BS38s hold up this thing should be quite the runner again.

Yeah, I bought my bike over a year ago and have been waiting to fix the electrical system since. Finally got the money for everything and the Pamco is out of stock. Rode it about 100 miles in the year I have had it.