Pamco issue.!1!!!!!

Whisperingeye18

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
i bought a pamco ignition from mikesxs #14-0911 and for some reason when i get it to run it runs on one cylinder and then i flipped the advance rod 180' and runs on the oppisite cylinder same way. then when i was trying to get it idle it started to run thru the intake as if the intake were the exhaust. sounds like my cam chain slipp3ed some teeth. i bought new mikuni vms for it and i want to get this thing on the road here is some pics.

aaaa.jpg

aab.jpg

adc.jpg

abc.jpg:banghead:

Did it run properly before you put the pamco on it. Did you put the mikunis on and try them with the stock ignition first or did you change the ignition and carbs at the same time if so you now need to determine if you have a fuel or ignition problem.The general rule is to only change 1 thing at a time then try it if it improves things ok if things got worse you know what caused it

What kit did you but from Mikes..?? Didn't buy the on for the re-phase by mistake...????

My rotor looks that way too. Its for the 360 motor. 60' dwell insted of 90.

I think that Whisperingeye Emailed me and I think his problem may be a rotor with a reversed polarity magnet, so I am sending him a new rotor.

pete... your awsome thanks. and it sorta ran before when i brought it home but the carbs needed so much work i read up on vms and bought them. well see how it is when i get the new rotor it bugs me seeing these bikes drive past my house.

Back