PAMCO plus e-advancer

pristic

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Guys, where can I buy a kit for an 81 xs650 with all components?
I KNOW I can get some from mikesxs and some from other sites etc but I can't see a kit on mikesxs including the e-advancer.

Reason is it costs a small fortune to ship here from mikesxs etc and I would prefer to pay one lot of postage.

Yes have emailed and pm'd pamcopete but no reply yet.

Cheers,
Peter

Posted via Mobile

Thanks grepper but you didn't read my issue.
The link below is pamcopetes one which doesn't have the extra parts needed for the 81 XS.
Mikesxs needs to be used.
Mikesxs does not have the e-advancer.

Ill wait for pamcopete to reply. I'm actually surprised he is taking so long. :-(

Posted via Mobile

pristic,

My apologies. MikesXS will eventually sell the advancer in a kit along with the rest of the parts needed for the '80 to '83 models. If you can wait a week or two, that will come about, otherwise you will have to buy the parts separately from both MikeXS and PAMCO.

Hey Pete don't apologise. I'm happy to wait. !! Thanks for the reply.

Ill buy the whole kit from mikesxs soon as its ready. Put me down for order #1 :)
Do you accept trade in on my points hahaha

Cheers,
Peter

Posted via Mobile

Grepper, I just re-read this post and realised I sounded rude to you... didnt mean to... sorry.

I meant that at $50+ in shipping to Aus I would be burnt twice by ordering from both sites (pamco parts from yamahaxs650.com and the other parts from mikes) so I was hoping to be able to get the WHOLE kit from either mikesXS or from yamahaxs650.com

I have shot an email to Pete to see if the new kit is at mikesxs yet... its not on the website though.
It would be easiest for me to order the whole lot from Mikesxs as I have to order a few other parts (seals, etc) and it would be one shipment and one cost.

Pete - Any updates?

Cheers,
Peter.

pristic,

Well, you know how things go sometimes. Might be another couple of weeks, so just go ahead and place your order with MikesXS and then order the Advancer from www.yamahaxs650.com and I will refund the shipping costs. Do you need the whole deal or do you already have a PAMCO?

You are a god among men!
Yes I need the whole lot. PAMCO, coil, leads, etc.

The whole lot.

Posted via Mobile

OK. I forgot that you had a '80 to '83 model and need all the parts for that conversion.

You will have to order the coil, wires, plug caps, brass bushings, extra locating pin and advance rod from MikesXS. You do not need the mechanical advancer, so you will have to order the parts individually instead of in a kit.

Order the PAMCO full kit from www.yamahaxs650.com that includes the new plate, rotor and E-Advancer. The substitute for the mechanical advancer comes with the E-Advancer.

Hi guys,

sorry to distract from the original topic but I'm curious,

Will the e advance be made available for the 277 rephase pamco in the near or distant future?
thanks for the help in advance.
Nic.

Hi guys,

sorry to distract from the original topic but I'm curious,

Will the e advance be made available for the 277 rephase pamco in the near or distant future?
thanks for the help in advance.
Nic.

We have tested a 277 E-Advancer with Hugh at HHB. Should be available in a couple of weeks.

Ok,

Cool. I had to build a spreadsheet to get this all correct lol.
Here are my findings - ordering today. Anything I messed up??

PAMCOPartsPricing.jpg

Cheers,
Peter

Pristic, buy something else for 5 bucks and get the free shipping. Extra fuel filter, copper drain plug washers, something you'll use later. :thumbsup:

Edit: Well, that may not work all the way down under. Sorry, I jumped the gun. :doh:

Last edited:
My 10 year old nephew is in love with Bindy Irwin,....just an fyi.

Sorry bout the shipping. You were very fast with your response.

Im anxious for feedback on the e advancer. I have a pamco. Excellent product, youre going to love it. SO easy to use for timing and just plain simple to install and maintain.

Thanks Evenmore, I am really hoping that a bigger, fatter, stronger spark and ignition system will get it 1. To start easier (kick only) and 2. Get it to pull smooth.

Its really weird, stock everything in terms of carbs, however I run straight pipes and no filters. I was getting plugs fouling when normal heat range, so I used one hotter (6's) and its much better. Still seems to run rich... but goes good. So with better timed ignition and electronics (plus a better coil) I think it should be sweet.

Cheers,
Peter

Back