pamco

karlee1433

paul
Reaction score
Hi the bike is finished and done 100 miles but it only got up to about 50 mph it has had a complete engine rebuild pamco it starts first kick but i dont no about the advance. if i slacken the cam rod the advance seems to work when i twist the left aloy disc but locks up when tight is that right i did not use the brass bushes as it already has bearings in it i think the timing is about right any answers guys thanks

Hi the bike is finished and done 100 miles but it only got up to about 50 mph it has had a complete engine rebuild pamco it starts first kick but i dont no about the advance. if i slacken the cam rod the advance seems to work when i twist the left aloy disc but locks up when tight is that right i did not use the brass bushes as it already has bearings in it i think the timing is about right any answers guys thanks

Your words are hard to read. Why not use some capitals at the start of sentences and periods at the end.

What year is the bike/engine? Did the bike have electronic ignition before (TCI), or did it have points ignition?

Did you buy the advance mechanism (advance rod/weights) or did the bike already have that installed? If you bought it, where did you buy it?

Remove the Mikesxs advance rod, and put the original stock advance rod back in. It will likely allow the advance rod to work freely once again. Lube the rod.

Its been seen before, that Mikesxs advance rods are machined too short between shoulders on each end, which causes the rod to bind when the nuts are tightened on each end.

Back