Wanted - Petcock for 1980 650G (vacuum type)

zybercom

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a petcock, in good working order, for my stock 1980 XS650G .

Original stock number is 3G1-24500-03-00. Not sure which years are interchangeable.
Would like to be able to bolt up and go without having to rebuild first.

Don't want to use an aftermarket unit.

Post #72 ..............
http://www.xs650.com/threads/rebuilding-yamaha-vacuum-operated-fuel-valves-petcocks.20662/page-4

Early 78/79 standard and Special tanks had 2 vacuum operated petcocks. There were 2 different types and they intechange.

later 80-84 Special Tanks only have a single Vacuum operated petcock........

They all interchange although on the early twin petcock tanks there was a left and right. Can be changed over to the other side just means the lever is facing the opposite way.

Thank you for that link 650Skull! Good info! The petcock in the ebay link above apparently isn't the correct one for my bike, but I appreciate Ceed Klumper's help. I can't seem to find this exact one. I was trying to avoid rebuilding the one on the bike because I don't have a decent place or much time to do it in, and I wanted to get some riding in before the weather changes. Seems I'm not going to avoid it. :shrug:
Can you or anyone recommend a high quality rebuild kit ? Hopefully that'll be easier for me to hunt down. :banghead:

That Petcock should work. Just double check the mounting hole space is the same as your tank.

Go to page 1 on that thread i linked. It is a comprehensive petcock rebuild thread/post. gggGary has posted the PDF file for downloading as well

Back