Photoshop help and color suggestions needed

kvanderploeg

The Dutch Terror
Reaction score
I'm a techie by trade, but I'm no artist, and I'm certainly not proficient in Photoshop. Anyone here willing to try some color options on my build? I'm hoping to get this thing off to powder soon, but I'm unsure of the color scheme. My wife and I have discussed a few options. Since this is really supposed to be for her, I'm leaning toward her input. She's currently tossed around the following colors:

Red
Dark Red
Satin Black
Pearl White
Silver
Pewter
Yellow (which I'm not very convinced of)

The following parts are on my list to be coated and/or painted.

Frame
Front Wheel
Rear Wheel
Front Disc
Rear Disc
Lower Fork Legs
Triple Tree
Triple Tree Top Clamp
Handlebars
Battery Box
Front Caliper
Rear Caliper
Rear Caliper Stay Bar
Headlight
Headlight Mount
Neck Cups
Foot Pegs
Foot Peg Mounts
Engine Brackets (6)
Rear Brake Pedal
Rear Brake Pivot
Shifter Lever
Sissy Bar
Tank
Rear Fender
Fake Oil Tank (electronics)
Pipes

Thanks for any help here guys! :thumbsup: This is something think takes an artistic eye and touch, and that's something I certainly don't have. Even if you just have color scheme suggestions, I certainly welcome them. If you want higher resolution pics to work from, I can email them to you.

Kent

P1010413.jpg

P1010405.jpg

Last edited:
Im certainly no artist, and have no idea whatsoever with photoshop. Personaly, I think frames look better a lighter colour, black makes them look heavy. Maybe a fire engine red frame, the tins in a satanic blackish red with pewter accents, pewter exhaust. Pegs and all the other bolt ons pewter again. Maybe you can use the white or yellow for some pinstripes. Goodluck

Posted via Mobile

hey Kent, been wondering how it's going with your bike. (your WIFE'S bike :) )
Question, are those bars comfortable for her? Speaking from experience, most women like higher bars that come back a bit. or?
The other thing I'm thinking is, if she likes the yellow...I'd so go with the yellow, but maybe leave the wheels black. At least back then, yellow was the Yamaha racing color.

So I'd say frame, fender(s?) and tanks and maybe headlight bucket yellow, and the rest either black or slightly polished bare metal.
It is a nice frame to have painted a color, I think, with that swoopy, front down-tube and all.

To me, really plain frames (like mine, lol) should stay black, so they recede...but if a frame has some special aspect of it, then a color-other-than-black-painted frame screams "custom made" like nothing else.

here' an extremely quick n'dirty of the yellow. I was thinking pearl yellow (almost gold) over a silver base would be nice. Like not huge "flake" gold...but just a real fine pearl yellow over silver. anyway......
I better get to work...
:)

Attachments

• kentsbikeyellow.jpg
    kentsbikeyellow.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Kent, where do you go for powder coating? I have used Winning Colors over near New Lenox and CPC in Crest Hill before for some smaller sled stuff. There is a place near the Joliet park district airport I'm thinking of going to.

Wow! Digging up a blast from the past thread here. I guess it can't be too far in the past, I still haven't painted anything but the engine. I am getting back to that point now. Thank for the input and suggestions. Em, I doubt my wife will be riding it too much, but I do have a different set of tracker bars should she decide these are just too far forward.

I was looking to have Fox Valley Sandblasting do the powder, but I'm thinking I might just spray it myself with the detail gun. I've talked to the guy near the airport and his prices were much higher. I've had him blast a tank once before, but he seems a little squirrely to me.

Kent

got a question: I know you shortened your shifter lever. How does it shift with the short lever? Does it seem to take a bunch more effort? thx :)

Just my two cents:
-Antique/Olympic white frame (powder)
-Same white on fender and tank with thin art deco orange stripe that borders an art deco teal inlay. Inlay in center of fender and teardrop on sides of tank (paint)
-change seat to brown
-mini apes or chimps (front street) bars

Back