pics (finally)

fossilrider

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Well,finally got the bike near-finished and thought I would send in a couple pics since the replies to my earlier posts suggested I show what I was doing.Wish I had taken some of the poor beast when I got it and some during the work but.....Oh well! Still have to detail the engine and take some tabs off the frame and tidy it up but getting close.SO much prettier now than when I got it.Also,thanks to those of you who helped with info,input,suggestions when I needed it.Regards,Steve (Fossil).Hope the pics loaded,can't tell.?

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• colorado '11 963.jpg
    colorado '11 963.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 182
  • colorado '11 959.jpg
    colorado '11 959.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 198
Thanks so much,John.It's a blast to ride.I love these bikes because they are just pure motorcycle.....no BS no frills,just basic stuff here.They vibrate,shake,make nice noises,show their mechanical parts and make me smile.I notice in your username the T3.Do you,by chance have a Guzzi? I know there is an unusually large following of the marque in Kansas for some reason. I like most anything with two wheels and a motor but am particularly afflicted by the Moto Guzzi bug,currently having three among the other assorted mongrels.Regards,Steve

Posted via Mobile

Thanks so much,John.It's a blast to ride.I love these bikes because they are just pure motorcycle.....no BS no frills,just basic stuff here.They vibrate,shake,make nice noises,show their mechanical parts and make me smile.I notice in your username the T3.Do you,by chance have a Guzzi? I know there is an unusually large following of the marque in Kansas for some reason. I like most anything with two wheels and a motor but am particularly afflicted by the Moto Guzzi bug,currently having three among the other assorted mongrels.Regards,Steve

Posted via Mobile

Guzzis get under your skin and stay there. Wonderful stuff.

Posted via Mobile

I couldn't agree with you more Steve.I absolutely love these bikes for the same reasons and want to add that the chances of seeing another one on the street here in Kansas are very slim.:bike: No,I don't have a Guzzi, I wish I did.:laugh: The T3 stands for the first letter in my last name and the number 3 is for my hero Dale Earnhardt. Call me a redneck,I don't care...:D

Gotcha.I thought it might have been a reference to a Guzzi 850T3.I have one I am building into a cafe (pic).as well as a '80 G5 (1,000cc) and an '07 Griso 1100 (naked bike)/Wonderful bikes that I love for the same reasons I love the XS.I built an XS bobber a few years ago and sold it to a guy in Kansas.Can't remember his name or where he was exactly.No,I have no problem with the NASCAR thing,was a fan myself in the '60s-'70s.And the older I get the more I realize I guess I am somewhat of a redneck(God,guns,motorsickles,hot rods,government-out-of-my-business,kinda guy).with a little bit of class.?Take care and ride safe.Steve

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• colorado '11 974.jpg
    colorado '11 974.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 125
  • colorado '11 061.jpg
    colorado '11 061.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 112
Nice clean looking bike. That is one thing I enjoy about alot of older things. The simplicity of how they work. As you said yes they make noises, but it is the good kind, lol

Thanks,Guys.I have had three other XSs in the last few years and sold them and regretted it every time ! So,the plan right now is to keep this one.But......... I am waiting for an acquaintance to give me a price on a '48 Indian Chief.If it comes in at something I can do,I will be trying to sell several out of my stable to make that happen and the XS might have to go.Hate to do it but it would be easier to replace than the Chief.That said,these XSs are getting quite hard to find that haven't been butchered.Regards,Steve

Posted via Mobile

John,anytime you are coming this way,let me know and maybe we can swap a few lies over a meal.Pcoumbe,what gorgeous bikes!!! I have owned a '86 LeMans and '02 LeMans prior to the Guzzis I have now.Wonderful bikes all.I have never ridden the smaller Guzzis but lately have been quite drawn to them.My "Dream Bike" is a Guzzi 1000s but they have gone off the charts (price wise),just like the early LeMans have,and they are both just slightly modded T3s.? My taste and collection (if you can call it that) is quite eclectic:Yamaha RD350,four OSSAs,Kawasaki Concours 1400,the XS650,the Guzzis,and even a Sears Allstate (Puch) moped.They range from projects to pristine.And I just picked up a Honda Passport for a pit bike ( rough but lots of potential).I seem to not be able to pass up a mongrel needing a home.Well,as I keep telling my wife and others who don't understand:there are lots of worse ways to spend time and money.Steve

Posted via Mobile

Back