Picture of 18" wheels front and rear!

ggggGary- just to be clear, you think that rim is suitable for the front? That was the one I was planning on using for the front. Rear I am polishing the stock rim.

Well I haven't done it but the holes were a lot less angled then is needed to fit a rear hub.

Thank you, Racer Dave. I have a cool set up I'm in the process of building, and wanted to be sure that a 2.15 wasn't too narrow for the rear. It's gonna look cool. When I'm done, I'll post pics...

They are fine.
seat2.jpg

These are 19x1.185 Yam wheels front and rear with Shinko 110/80-19 705 Dual Sport's. They may make a 120 not sure, but they would fit fine also. 19x2.15 will work front and rear with the proper rear adaptation.
Can I easily mount a set of 19x1.185 Yam wheels front and rear with Shinko 110/80-19 705 Dual Sport's on my 1972 project bike ?

Thanks
Jack

Is that something I can buy (if so where might I find one) or do I need to have something made ??? I'm not big into mechanics as I'm sure your aware already. LOL Sorry if this is a stupid question.

your 72 has a one year only front brake, axle and hub that will not easily interchange with any other wheel in the known universe. Unless you swap the fork also.

And from what I have read here that means entire front end forks, fork tubes, and everything that connects to the frame. Right? I hate that I really like the look of that bike that started my questions. I'm doing a complete rebuild and in no hurry, but the searching for parts is driving me crazy. Especially since everyone list every 650 part as an XS or XS 2 and half of the folks that are selling parts on Ebay have no clue what year bike the parts came off of. By the way I love this site so many knowledgeable people on here and I read pages and pages everyday trying to get up to speed.

Yeah for several reasons everything has to be changed and probably still some gremlins because the 70-73 necks are shorter than the 74 on frame necks. 72's make great stock bikes with that candy red not so much for customs. There had been a 72 cafe/tracker on CL in IL for a several months this summer.

Well ok so can I do 19 inch spoke wheels front and back ? I'm not into the short cafe racer stuff in fact I was doing that in 72 with a brand new 650. And every time I'd get one built someone just had to have it, so I'd sell it. I had and sold 3 in 72 and bought and sold a couple in 74. After that I just got away from bikes. Now I'm retired and have the time to fool around especially in the cold Illinois winters. LOL 19 inch spoke rims...what size tires (good brand) can I use front and back and still clear the swing arm? And thank you for your help on this. LOL I do love this site.

The adapter I used were from Omars. He has since went out of biz and now there is a new Omars. The 3rd to use the name.
http://www.omarsfiberglass.com/

It looks like he is making the same adapter. Scroll down to the bottom 3rd of this link.

http://www.omarsfiberglass.com/#!street-tracker/c1860

Trust Garys advice on your front end. I don't have a clue on what you need there. I'm sure he can also tell you if this front to rear adapter/19wheel will or won't work on your frame/swingarm.

and the only dumb question being afraid to ask one.

Gary, Pictures no sorry, worked at a Yamaha dealership back then as well as a radio station, and bikes caused a big messy divorce. I think she burned every picture I had. Right after she threw my clothes out of the 2nd story bedroom window. LOL Really.

RacerDave, I had already done a search and found Omar's, but sure didn't know it was the 3rd. Might be an interesting story as to how that happened. Thank you. Anyone on here needs any moral support on cooking BBQ I'd be glad to help. My web site is www.DrofBBQ.com
Jack

An Illinois boy! Jack, I'm about an hour or so north of you. I love my xs and I love to BBQ! Hit me up if you ever need any help.

Figure8 your the man. I have a really good friend and he is also my web master, lived in Pekin for years. In fact I did the BBQ one year at the Caterpillar subdivision 4th of July party just south of Pekin. Glad to meet you.

Drof, I'll keep your Q in mind next summer. Wife and I go to St Louis often for Cardinals games. We always got to Pappys in ST Lou for BBQ. Very good there.

Back