Please Be Careful

weekendrider

Iron Horse cowboy
Top Contributor
Reaction score
But somtimes it isn't what you do.
It seems we have someone killed on a motorcycle every day around here.
Traveling to fast for the corners here in SW MO isn't the best.
Too many trees, rocks, gullys(hollers) to catch you if you stray.
This link to another forum tells the other side.
Sometimes you are just in the wrong place.
If you are inclined that way you might say a prayer for the families.

http://caferiders.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=551&page=2

Yep. Someone around here died over the weekend taking a curve too fast. I've ridden that road many times and a couple of those curves have steep down slopes with many trees. Maybe it's my old age coming on, but I'd rather take unfamiliar curves slower and more cautious rather than see how fast I can stick it. Familiar roads, now that's a different story.

Maybe it's my old age coming on, but I'd rather take unfamiliar curves slower and more cautious rather than see how fast I can stick it. Familiar roads, now that's a different story.

I'm still young and I'd rather not find out the hard way on unfamiliar roads either. We had a township official died on a motorcycle here last week, some lady crossed over into their lane of travel on a rural windy road.

~ Derek

One of the guys who helped start my riding group was in an accident within four miles of his home, he didn't die at the scene on the accident, he lingered long enough to tell us what happened. An 80 year old geezer turned left in front of him at an intersection. Allstate insurance said in one of their TV commercials that 70% of motorcycle accidents happen at an intersection or approaching an intersection.

Be careful guys !

Back