Please, serious inquiries only

What's the local lowdown on that? Looks to me like a good deal if the stuff exists.

He's about 50 miles from me and I'm thinking he attempted to operate a motorcycle junk yard of sorts. But cities and counties in this neck of the woods can and do make life real miserable for anyone who attempts to operate anything related to a junk yard. I know my boss has spent enough money to make my pay for the next 10 years as he has to continually meet new and expanded city and county rules and regulations.

My employer tried to open a motorcycle and bicycle salvage business in addition to the recycling center we already own but the City closed it down.

And those rules have nothing to do with environmental regs as the State and Fed set the rules for that.

Good news is: We're still jumping through the hoops and it looks as if I'm soon going to be managing a 100% legal motorcycle and bicycle parts yard in the next few months. Seems the city is running out of obstacles that will stand up in court and now that the boss is no longer broke he's not scared of hiring the high priced legal guns.

Found this one today on Michigan craigslist...:banghead:

1980 750 ltd..very clean bike..needs minimal work..needs clutch cable and startor cylenoid..cable is 20 bucks and a factory cylenoid is 100 but a after market one is less then 50..also could use the carbs cleaned.but runs strong.its air cooled so of course starting it in the cold is a pain.and it has aluminum clylinders so you really arent supposed to start it in cold weather..will sell for 600 or trade for a good running car or extended cab truck..give me a call or text 734 961 5004

-it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

.and it has aluminum clylinders so you really arent supposed to start it in cold weather..will sell for 600 or trade for a good running car or extended cab truck..

That could be interpreted as: The bike doesn't actually run and I'm hoping you won't try to start it until after I've spent your money.

Or, the seller really is stupid when it comes to motorcycles.

Take your pick, but I'd buy it for scrap metal and nothing more.

That could be interpreted as: The bike doesn't actually run and I'm hoping you won't try to start it until after I've spent your money.

Or, the seller really is stupid when it comes to motorcycles.

Take your pick, but I'd buy it for scrap metal and nothing more.

I messed with him. I answered his ad pretending to be a college girl looking to buy his 750 Kawasaki. If he answers I'll see how far I can string this idiot along. Maybe talk him into starting the bike so I can hear it run over the phone :laugh: I'm just in an evil mood today :shrug:

There was an add for a BMW 300 series car for sale, forever, in our local paper. It was only $600.00 and figured I could make a neat little turd out of it. I called and the guy said it ran, great shape, all this other stuff so I went to take a look. He was right, great everything. Then, of course, I asked about the title. His sister has it and she lives in some other state, but she said," I can sell it for her and I'll give you a bill of sale." How about no. I told him to call his sister and have her send the title, I'll pay for the overnight mailing fee, and I'll pay full price for the car when I get the title. 4-5 days passed, nothing. Called him again, nothing. Then I saw him pulling into a grocery store lot one day. Now he said he was gonna keep it. Add is still in the paper a month later, so I got my brother to call. Car is still for sale. I said screw it, but my brother went to look at it. He came back with the car...no title. He just chopped it up and made some money, but that guy selling it was an ass. My brother never did find out if it was stolen or not, but I think it was or something of the kind.

I messed with him. I answered his ad pretending to be a college girl looking to buy his 750 Kawasaki. If he answers I'll see how far I can string this idiot along. Maybe talk him into starting the bike so I can hear it run over the phone :laugh: I'm just in an evil mood today :shrug:

Sounds like the way I treat pushy sales people who try to get around me to get to my boss.

1987 Yamaha xs 650 - $750 (Carbondale )

I have a 1986 Yamaha xs 650 for sale. It's black. It has a little over eleven thousand miles and has been a good bike. It does need some work on the Carbs but beyond that is in pretty good working shape. I just haven't driven it in about a year for lack of time and don't see any point in keeping it in storage any longer.

Who could resist an excellent ad like this?

1987 Yamaha xs 650 - $750 (Carbondale )

I have a 1986 Yamaha xs 650 for sale. It's black. It has a little over eleven thousand miles and has been a good bike. It does need some work on the Carbs but beyond that is in pretty good working shape. I just haven't driven it in about a year for lack of time and don't see any point in keeping it in storage any longer.

Who could resist an excellent ad like this?

WOW that must be rare considering:
End of Production
The XS 650 was produced until 1985. The last model year was 1983 in the United States, with Canada, Europe and other markets continuing into 1984 and 1985. :yikes:

Yes better go buy it those 86-87 XS650's are VERY rare. On the other hand I have gotten some of my best deals from all fuggled up ads where the seller had not a single clue of what it was they were selling. If I had to guess... he probably has a maxim for sale.

Back