PMA Capacitor/Batter

gixxsta04

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am doing a pma conversion and I am trying to find a capacitor. The standard seems to be 25v 10000uf. I have heard that you have to turn your idle up to compensate for this system. Would running a 25v 18000uf capacitor help this problem any? Also, what is the smallest battery I could run with this system. I dont want to have to turn my idle up.

i say use the batter. Bisquick Shake N Pour is one of the best. not sure if MikesXS has it in stock though.

bisquick.jpg

Would this work better than a capacitor? I want to mount my battery inside the oil tank and so far this is the only one that will fit.

min%20battM.jpg

.8ah 12v

A small battery will do a better job than a capacitor. A capacitor will work fine, but like i said - battery just better.

you want something 12v (you said 25v above - bad bad bad), and it's basically just there to smooth out voltage transitions.

I'm assuming you're removing the starter as well?

you want something 12v (you said 25v above - bad bad bad), and it's basically just there to smooth out voltage transitions.

a 12v capacitor would blow quickly with a PMA charging regularly over 12v. Not sure if upping the capacitance would help though. That'd be something you would have to check with MrRiggs or Pete. Those are 2 of the people I would check with.

Back