PMA high output issue

ryanpphoto

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently wired up my TX and am seeing some really high vdc numbers that are causing my headlight to blow. I need some help.

Here's what I've got going:
73 tx new PMA from Mikes xs, running stock coils, points, electrosport reg/ rec and a sparx capacitor. I'm on my second reg/ rec as the one that was shipped with the system wound not start the bike. I put the new one on and am getting a reading of 23dc and up which is crazy high! Any idea of some tests I can run or something I'm missing here to get this going?

Thanks everyone.

Start from the beginning with your instructions and go over every connection and ground. If it is still high look at your regulator.

Start from the beginning with your instructions and go over every connection and ground. If it is still high look at your regulator.

I've gone through my connections a few times and everything is solid. The ground from the reg/ rec goes to the ground terminal of the capacitor and splits off to the motor mount as my main ground. Shouldn't get any better ground than that I assume.
These regulator rectifier in one pieces have two extra connections but they don't seem to be putting anything out as far as dc or ac. From what I can find these connect from the alt - via 3 yellow wires, red to power and black to ground. The other two wires are green and brown in a second connector.

Back