possible to adjust front brake light switch?

ktown

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
hi. i've got a 77 that i'm going through, just installed a new front brake switch, but i can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust it. when it clips into the brake lever and i engage the brake lever, it doesn't pull away far enough from the switch to disengage and make the light activate. any ideas? thanks!

The switch is not adjustable but the brake lever is. Under the rubber boot that covers the lever pivot area you should find a screw and lock nut that pushes against the piston in the MC when you pull the lever. Back that out and the lever will need to be pulled more to engage the brake. That will allow the plunger in the switch to come out more. Your only other option would be to grind the plunger shorter on the switch.

thanks! i thought that might be the only option....i played w/ the m/c adjuster and in order to get that switch disengaged i would really have to pull the lever tight, so much that i might not get the full force of the brakes should i need it in an emergency....guess i'll try grinding a bit..in baby steps. thanks again!

Back