Post-Pandemic Cuisine

Finally got some corn and ground it fine:
Corn.JPG

Nice, but I need to look into making it lighter - probably the egg I didn't add? I was surprised how much liquid it soaks up. I am guessing that if I grind some popcorn kernals I could make a batter and throw it in the pan and hold a lid done tightly. Five minutes later I should have a pan full of tiny pancakes?

It tastes nice with butter. I tried a 50:50 mix of flour and corn, not so good. The corn flavor and wheat flavor clash. I think the egg will get it sorted.
Bouji BOO YA something made in the fall from before deer hunting till after christmass
I didn't make it but the local churches make it (actually made it once 10 gals of it but it's too much work)
They have 3 or 4 50 gal pots they cook it in
I used to help at the local church when they used to make it here it's a 2 day affair
IMG_20211205_140037732.jpg

It has chicken / beef /pork /potatoes/ carrots /cabbage / onions /green beans /barley / I know I'm missing something else /and a spice bag with Allspice in it
And oh yeah the local padre would bless each kettle with a can of beer
It's an acquired taste kinda thing

I've got vegans coming to stay for a holiday visit. I might have to sustain myself on hamburger and eggs for a week or so. I'm grain free. With full blown pandemic, I didn't have this problem.
:)
I'm to much of a carnivore to go vegan but hey if it works for somebody why not' it sure as hell would beat buying all the meat

I'm to much of a carnivore to go vegan but hey if it works for somebody why not' it sure as hell would beat buying all the meat
Since eliminating grain, I've doubled down on meat and replaced carbs with fat. My lipid panel looks great, except for cholesterol, but I don't concern myself with that anymore. Mine looks like my mother's and she's doing great at 87, trim as a beauty queen! So, pass the pork chops!

I've got vegans coming to stay for a holiday visit. I might have to sustain myself on hamburger and eggs for a week or so. I'm grain free. With full blown pandemic, I didn't have this problem.
:)

Hi Marty,
it ain't a problem, consider it to be a challenge.
I'd suggest you let your visiting vegans take over the kitchen and tell 'em you'll eat whatever they make that don't clash with your need to be grain free.

God and I'd miss pasta too
I did! And BEER! Now, I don't care. I feel like I never thought possible. If I can believe the work of two different doctors, the calcium in my carotid arteries is gone! Two years ago, the doc was trying to put me on statins because he thought I was on my way to stroke. I got a new doc. I got a scan last week. No sign of calcium in my carotid arteries anymore! BS? I don't know. I eat meat and do CrossFit. I'll be 63 next month.

Hi Marty,
it ain't a problem, consider it to be a challenge.
I'd suggest you let your visiting vegans take over the kitchen and tell 'em you'll eat whatever they make that don't clash with your need to be grain free.
Ordinarily, I would do just that. However, this is our kids. They eat grain and processed oil, including trans fats. They're actually on a grain based diet. I would happily eat all the low carb vegan stuff if it was there.

Can't spend everyday in church gotta treat your self once in awhile
Trust me. I live better than I deserve. My palate has changed. After almost three years, what I liked then no longer interests me. I only wish I had discovered this lifestyle before I did all the damage. Undoing it is a tough row to hoe, probably impossible, but I drive on believing I can do it. The only person in my gym older than me is my bride. Nobody else comes within five years.

Ordinarily, I would do just that. However, this is our kids. They eat grain and processed oil, including trans fats. They're actually on a grain based diet. I would happily eat all the low carb vegan stuff if it was there.
Hi Marty,
your own kids eh?
Lock 'em out of the kitchen and have 'em buy in their greasy death-food.
The one good thing about Covid is the improvement in home deliveries.
Here in Saskatoon a phone-call will summon a masked stranger to bring just about anything, including hard liquor, to your door.

Lock 'em out of the kitchen and have 'em buy in their greasy death-food.
It scares me how fat they're getting. I keep my mouth shut and just be streamlined me. My wife is having similar results. She looks great but she isn't as hard core as I am. Especially around the kids.

Back