Post pic of your original XS2, get a free magazine

gaps

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a tatty copy of Cycle World, Nov 1971. In this issue they road test the new XS2, a 'Stud bike with a starter and one helluva stopper' ...they also review the new H2 'an absolute jet'...magazine cover is missing but what do you want for free..:D
Post a pic of your original unmolested XS2 and I'll send you the magazine...
Merry Christmas y'all

Does this count? It wasn't molested but was definitely neglected. poor thing sat outside leaning against a tree in the weeds for 20+ years. (notice the grass underneath)

IMG00354.jpg

Scary dude...are you choppin or bringing her back to original? I want this to go to someone who is staying original.

Here is my very special XS2. One of two hundred factory 750s used to homologate the bike for AMA competition for the 72 season. Please give the magazine to the next original photo.

Attachments

• K2 AND XS2 036.jpg
    K2 AND XS2 036.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 150
Here is my very special XS2. One of two hundred factory 750s used to homologate the bike for AMA competition for the 72 season. Please give the magazine to the next original photo.
Sure rub it in. I am SO jealous!

Here's another. Both bikes are mine. My brother rode the Z1. Event is the VJMC show.

Attachments

• P1000810.jpg
    P1000810.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 140
Gaps: Thanks a lot! :D PM sent.

Yamasarus: I didn't know that Yamaha built 750 in 72. And I thought that my bike was rare...

XS2,
These 750s were under the radar. They were sold without warranty and have two distinct differences. The vin starts with GS650 instead of S650 and the cylinder is stamped 743cc instead of 653cc. I only know of one other survivor. These GS vin #s only run through 200 units. I was lucky enough to buy mine from the original owner.

Gaps: Thanks a lot! :D PM sent.

Yamasarus: I didn't know that Yamaha built 750 in 72. And I thought that my bike was rare...

72XS2, I'll mail it out tomorrow..in addition to the road test there is a great 6 page ad for Yamaha street bikes in this issue where they run the XS, R5C and DS7 'Flat out around the clock for 24 hours' at Ontario Speedway in CA....I understand the XS making it 24hrs but those 2 strokes had to be tired after that.

Back