Powdercoating in Chicago

XS659

Powdercoater from Chicago
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am an owner of a powdercoating shop in Chicago called Urbanpowdercoat. For anyone in the chicagoland area who needs powdercoating check out our website and facebook page!!! We have been powdercoating for almost 4 years now and strive for customer service.

urbanpowdercoat.com or Urban Powdercoat on Facebook.

We can powdercoat anything (as long as its metal) for a motorcycle. I am an XS650 owner (and an XS400) myself and I am powdercoating all the parts for my bikes so we have experience with these motorcycles and love them as much as all of you do. If you are interested in powdercoating by us, mention this thread on XS650.com and we will give you a 15% discount on your parts so you can be ready to tear up the roads this spring and summer. Good luck with your projects and be safe on the roads!
-Urban Powdercoat

Hello XS659, I was wondering how powdercoat on tins would look, in either a Gloss red or a metalic gloss red. Is there a lot of orange peel. My rear fender is a led sled flat top fender, and it isnt that smooth where the hump is, is there some type of filler that can be used to smooth this out. Also would you put some type of clear over the color. I am working on cleaning my frame and stuff up and will be sending you and email for a quote. My buddy Keith got his frame, and some other parts done by you, and I have to say they turned out great. Thanks

I powder coat near Rockford and have done hundreds of parts, customers and mine. I would say powder coat on tins is not the same as wet paint , yes there is more orange peel, that is not to say you can't make it look good, it just takes more work on the coaters end ,powder coat can be wet sanded and buffed which will make a world of difference, I grinder finished my tins , then coated with a translucent, but it was,nt the glass shine I wanted , so after words I still wet cleared the shit out of it and now its amazing . What a difference.
Flat colors, will turn out well without the extra work, but not the same as the higher shines , Yes there are metal fillers you can use, they can be costly ,even a jb weld will work in a lot of cases it holds up to 500 degrees , but on certain colors they bleed thru . Clears can be added for more protection ,but to me they seem to steel some of the luster of the color, so that's why I wet cleared.

powder coating on big broad surfaces just need more love to achieve show quality , everything else it is great on! IMG_0517.JPG (hard to see grinder pattern in pic , great outcome this we wet cleared , and its damn near show quality) candy hawaiian blue

101_0596.jpg candy red with out clear ( still looks good great for the guy on a budget, yet not the shine I was looking for)

IMG_20120405_193657.jpg experiment anodized red on flat black ,spray bomb silver stripe

Back