Precision Carb Sync Gauges - Mikesxs

I don't know. But, you could have made one that works for about 7 bucks. Search homemade manometer and send that one back.

Those will work great.........
The trick is that the stem at the bottom of each gauge is a valve, you open them then almost close them to stop the needle from fluttering. Your valves are just closed, I guarantee it!

gauges.jpg

We all have areas of competence and knowledge, I just need to find mine.

Those will work great.........
The trick is that the stem at the bottom of each gauge is a valve, you open them then almost close them to stop the needle from fluttering. Your valves are just closed, I guarantee it!

gauges.jpg

We all have areas of competence and knowledge, I just need to find mine.

I second that

If it makes you feel any better I went through the same thing when I got the 4 gauge version a few years ago. A little instruction sheet would be nice...............

Personnaly I have always preferred the stick style manometers. Always found them a little more sensitive than gauges. Used them in the 70's on the old Z1 and KZ400's and they worked great. Bought a carb stick about 6 months ago for my CB650 and it was well worth the cost.

Gary

FWIW on the CV carbs of the KZ400 we used the gauges or stick to set the air screws. Simply offset the sync to be high on one side and tweak the screw for max. Shift to the other side and do the same then, resync and zero issues with wandering idle.

Back