Prescription goggles on a shoestring budget

nj1639

Paleo-simplistic
Top Contributor
Reaction score
image.jpeg image.jpeg
About five years ago (above, right) I was gifted with a pair of welding goggles by me Pops while on a visit back east. I had considered looking into getting some prescription lenses built for 'em but that venture just sat on the back burner. In the interim I was using some that fit over the glasses, Seahunt style. Well, as time goes on the elastic stretches and has to be readjusted until there's no elasticity left - so it was time to revisit the welder goggles.

I rummaged around through my glasses collection and settled on the last pair that was replaced. I popped the lenses out and they fit, just fit horizontally but leaving a gap above and below. I scrounged up some gray foam water pipe insulation and started piecing . It went together eventually and has now logged some mileage.
Pretty is as pretty does......lol

View attachment 147700 View attachment 147699
About five years ago (above, right) I was gifted with a pair of welding goggles by me Pops while on a visit back east. I had considered looking into getting some prescription lenses built for 'em but that venture just sat on the back burner. In the interim I was using some that fit over the glasses, Seahunt style. Well, as time goes on the elastic stretches and has to be readjusted until there's no elasticity left - so it was time to revisit the welder goggles.

I rummaged around through my glasses collection and settled on the last pair that was replaced. I popped the lenses out and they fit, just fit horizontally but leaving a gap above and below. I scrounged up some gray foam water pipe insulation and started piecing . It went together eventually and has now logged some mileage.
Pretty is as pretty does......lol

Those have a real vintage , steam punk quality to them! Pretty cool !

Back