Price check on 650s

def90

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello, what seems to be the going price at the moment for titled and running late 70s/early 80s xs650s?

Also what kind of hit should an untitled bike take in equal condition?

I am in the hunt and want to have some kind of idea in my head ahead of time.

Thanks, I really appreciate any input!

This thread will get more action if you post it in the "Garage" section. To answer your question, here in MN if you are willing to shop a bit there are decent, low mileage XS's available for $1000 to $1500. Beware of the $500 POS, it will need a lot of everything and will end up costing you more.

Just my opinion.

roy

The cheapest (best deal) XS650 will be the one you can ride before handing over the cash........
On the other hand the usual "issues" aren't that hard to repair. I guess any candidate should at least kick over with compression on both sides.
No title value depends on your state "rules". In a lot of states no title = parts bike. So get a title first then if you need a parts bike they are around. I think Colorado is not real bad on pricing. IMHO a decent running "mostly no issues" XS should be 800 to 1200. Parts bikes from free to a max of 400 for a gem with tasty aftermaket parts. There is little value in "extra" stock late model parts and you will have bunch of junk to get rid of.

Out on the left coast the prices are all over the map--from running beaters at $600 to $1000.00
for completely done up ones for $3500.---missed a completely rebuilt, powder coated one-- frame and motor in Marysville WA for $3000.00 was sold in one day. I am going to look at one on Friday asking $3500.00 but all the major work has been completed, suspension and electrics along with brakes and tires.

Back