Problem with Boyer Bransden

Paulrxs650

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum and thought I should say hi!

Just completed the build on a bobber which I'm pretty chuffed with. However I have problem with the Boyer micro unit (blue). It will run the bike then stop, after leaving it will then fire back up and repeat. I inherited the unit in a box of bits that cam with the frame, so I can't be too confident with it.

Everything is new - wiring, all good and checked, new coil (Gill), new battery, new regulator rectifier after the old one was putting 18v out and knackered the old battery.

I have spoken to Boyer and they suggested the coil asnthe box "either works or doesn't" however I am tempted to believe that the increased voltage from the old regulator rectifier has done some sort of damage. After a short ride, about 500 yards and it has stopped the box is warm, I wouldn't say hot, but pretty warm.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any help greatly appreciated!

Best regards

Paul

While i have not had this same experience with my Boyer I am confident in saying that:

A. The Boyer should not get that hot.

B. The over voltage is killing your shit.

C. Get a new regulator ASAP!!!!!

Thanks Patches,

New reg rec already fitted, so I think my confidence is growing in that the old reg rec has indeed fried my shit!

I'll Boyer Bransden a call tomorrow after the holiday and get their opinion too.

Back