Product alert?

I couldn't AGREE more, with MULE! Thank you putting into words what is in my thoughts.

And like Travis stated, if we find a part to be of bad quality, please post here so others can either buy that part elsewhere, try and produce there own, or make their own decisions and buy the part from "Seller X" based on there own budgets and or decisions.

Can't find the highlighted quote :confused:

I would hope all avenues would be taken, (contact with the supplier of any bad parts), before posting about those parts

I don't know how to do that fancy "quote" thing your doing. But Travis told me "thNks for letting us know about the part" and to let us know what he hears back for an explanation. Sorry.

Also I agree that seller should be able to give an explanation before someone flames them on the Internet. When I wrote we should post about products , it doesn't have to be bad posts. Just give your "opinion" on a certain item or seller. It'll help all of us XSers!

In the right bottom hand corner next to the reply button in the posts are 2 pages, scroll over these and they are the quote and multi quote.

Oops. Just reading my post, Travis didn't tell me Thanks, he told Mule Thanks. Stupid fat fingers and Ipod typing. Lol. Either way. And thanks Skull fir the Quote tip.

I just received a big bore kit from Mikes on Tursday. Can't wait to get it in.

Just got an email back from MikesXS and he said he had verified the problem and would speak with the manufacture. Return the parts for a full refund. Sounds fair to me.

I agree 100%. Our entire society and American culture are/was based on people making stuff and doing it very well. Now we are taking the very foundation of our civilization and handing it to third world countries that are just providing minimal service for survival. Our country and the economy is changing very quickly and we are paying the price for out sourcing all our jobs.

Generally, I'm an optimist, but I think we need to start pulling all those jobs back into this country or we're going to be in deep yogurt!

Mule I couldnt agree with you more "and im canadian!". First off lets not start any internet wars here because I truly do love the USA and am proud to be your cool beer drinking neighbour but this sourcing out to cheap labouring countries has got to stop (we do it too).

But it takes away from any real economic stability. I can see this hole topic could get blown out of proportion being that were all in love with the xs650 hahaha but lets not go there.

We need to bring jobs back home. A real economy needs to have 4 things,
1. employers (who pay employees)
2. employees (who produce products)
3. consumers (who buy products)
4. and of course beer (so we can have fun and invent crazy shit)

It seems to me like we have got rid of all that and are left with working at walmart and buying imported products from walmart. (but we have to buy it because of course its cheap and walmart pay is shit). hahaha

- OS is an extremely short sighted ploy for short term profit...its really fucking stupid as not only does it destroy the earning power and thus the disposable income of your customers it destroys the ability of communities to help themselves-once industry is broken, retooling becomes a limiting cost and the knowledge becomes dispersed as workers move to find new work, or lost as the older tradesmen die...the only way out of it is to become self reliant and extremely discretionary about where you spend what you have...you need to deliberataly set about talking to the older people, reeducating yourself, networking locally, setting up local free trade groups, destroying your credit card and if unable to trade pay cash only

- forums like this are great for interest group networking-there are members here from all over the world-but you also need to be active in your neighbourhoods, setting up monthly meetings at someones home or a bar...we have shed raids-collecting in someones shed,garage,workshop each month to help with their project, exchange ideas, talk shit, smoke some too, drink beer, bbq and generally get up to no-good

- i also advocate using your backyard to dig a vegie garden, tastes heaps better

- yea, i know, im a reactionary bastard - but i live what i say

Back