Project... "Track Star"

It is exciting Carbon. Pistons should arrive today so I can finally drop the cylinders off for the overbore. Then I need to wait for the rest of my parts/bolts to arrive from my dad's place in AZ before I start final assembly on the engine.

Finally got my SS bolts and new cam chain. Will be able to start engine assembly this weekend. :thumbsup:

Also, decided I'm going to try elephant feet on this build so I just ordered some CB1518's.

785D3F4A-35BF-4AA2-A8C4-B1D55DE0A93A_zps6bouvklo.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, with a bunch of added bolts since their kit basically only covers about half the bolts actually used on the entire engine.

With my Stainless screws finally arriving I was able to get the little countersunk one installed so I could dry fit the starter bendix. Can anyone confirm the positioning of the wire tang on the case in the picture below? I thought for sure it went into that little slot but looking back at my other engine build pictured it doesn't look that way. Also bolted on my bronze coated breather just to get an idea of how it will look.

C51E5D21-982E-4CB0-A35D-318BEA4F474B_zpswlrpdhd0.jpg

EE3C4B9E-F2DC-4051-AE4B-41491877F33F_zpsuxhgsisa.jpg

26692409-7564-4038-8D93-94267EA59E8D_zpse6z6gusp.jpg

Got lots done today on the engine. Cases are back together, oil screen repaired and sump/drain plugs installed. Also got the starter installed with the side gears and cover.

5029EDB0-161A-417F-AAAD-A85B8784D6BC_zpsnivjsbzl.jpg

23323973-43B1-4F93-B2F8-A787633DC07A_zpsirpgj5mt.jpg

D6F0F481-8A2A-4367-A225-824719FC00EF_zpslxisevpt.jpg

B7E16834-4372-4786-A6BF-503622FAA9A7_zpsbu19bj0q.jpg

You mentioned earlier that you do the powder yourself--do you do that for a living or ? What do you use to bake the parts? I have thought about doing small parts but not sure how to get started on it.

You mentioned earlier that you do the powder yourself--do you do that for a living or ? What do you use to bake the parts? I have thought about doing small parts but not sure how to get started on it.

I've got access to some top notch stuff whenever I need it.

That engine!:thumbsup:

Question though: I thought glass blasting was a bit dodgy? Media embedding and doing damage down the track and all that... Looks killer though.

Question though: I thought glass blasting was a bit dodgy? Media embedding and doing damage down the track and all that... Looks killer though.

I looked into glass blasting a little bit and basically it is the same as other media blasting except that it leaves a satin or matte polish to it.

It is a good idea not to blast any surface that is exposed to the inside of the engine. Glass beads and are very difficult to remove as they embed in the pores of the aluminum. They will come out after the engine is warmed up. Then its goodbye motor. It is a good idea to give it a hot bath afterward to get all the particle out of the aluminum pores and dents.

But it sure does make it PURDY!

Other input is welcome, I am by no means a "professional"

Sorry for my long absence, spring has had me pretty busy. Got a little progress on the engine reassembly but no pictures yet.

As for the glass bead blasting, I do my best to not blast any of the interior surfaces and double wash them in hot water before reassembly.

Back