Pssst..... Hey Buddy, I hear you're turning 65

Jim

Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Everyday like clockwork, the mailman comes... and everyday, like clockwork, I'm reminded of my upcoming 65th birthday.
"Congratulations on your upcoming 65th birthday"....... "You're invited to attend a FREE Medicare seminar".... "Looking for supplemental Medicare insurance?"....
Every friggin day.... I'm reminded I'm getting old. Sometimes 3 or 4 mailers a day.
At this rate.... I'll never run out of cards to mix up epoxy on. :D

IMG_20190410_130601.jpg

I've been on Medicare for 7 years Jim, and the mailings don't stop just because you just turned 65. I still get 'em....Happy B-day.:cheers:
I just do what DE does, except this year I am keeping all the junk mail to see how many. (picture to follow in Dec.)

Happy birthday - and many happy returns!

Pete

PP - on junk mail: a buddy of mine who heated his with wood used to sign up for everything just get more junk mail. He would get huge amounts of it and then he had a roller that turned mail into firmly bound “logs” which worked ok in his stove. It sure wasn’t as good as hardwood, but it did seem to work and it was free.

Happy B Day Jim!
PO raised "junk mail" rates a few years ago, the decline in volume is very noticeable.
But the vultures know about the only way to catch us old farts is with mail. cause we don' use dem new fangled pooters.
I'm a year behind yah and already am getting the notices.

Well first of all , speaking as a retired ,career, postal employee, I’d just like to thank you all for contributing to my pension! :cool: And we in the mail game, NEVER refer to advertisements and junk mail!! The insiders term is Bulk Business Mail.

Having said all that, I sympathize with you. Six months ago I moved to a retirement community and you wanna know what I get all the time in my mail? Funeral home , crematorium, and cemetery ads for Gods sake! Can I not just have a few years to enjoy my retirement before they start throwing dirt over me??!! :hellno:

I've been on Medicare for 7 years Jim, and the mailings don't stop just because you just turned 65. I still get 'em....Happy B-day.:cheers:
I just do what DE does, except this year I am keeping all the junk mail to see how many. (picture to follow in Dec.)

G'day,

What I do with the junk mail is save it up until I get a reply paid envelope and fill it full of the crap I have been saving and hopefully the next one will be from someone other than Bleeders Digest.

GeeDub

Back