Sold / Found / Inactive - Quick Silver mount

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I got my 82' Xs back...! Back in the day I had another 82' that I bought new and had a Quick Silver on it. Does anyone have a mount for sale ? I have a lead on a nice Q/Silver faring. Thank you for your time šŸ˜Ž

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363482113054

1689125351231.png

It's a Vetter mount.... seller doesn't know what it fits or if it will mount the Quick Silver faring. The hunt continues...... thanks for the lead... šŸ˜ŽšŸ˜Ž

I've got a mount from a Quicksilver clone that's specific to the XS650.
I don't want to sell it, but I'll get you some pics and dimensions if you want to make your own. It's a pretty simple affair.

This Quicksilver faring was on the 78 Special I made into my scrambler build. I think it had some U-bolts that went around the frame down tubes and they were so rusty I had to cut them off. Faring was junk and windshield was broken. Has rectangle headlight. Anyway this is the mount I have.
DSCN0999-001.JPGDSCN1002-001.JPGDSCN1003-001.JPGDSCN1004-001.JPG

This Quicksilver faring was on the 78 Special I made into my scrambler build. I think it had some U-bolts that went around the frame down tubes and they were so rusty I had to cut them off. Faring was junk and windshield was broken. Has rectangle headlight. Anyway this is the mount I have.
View attachment 246946View attachment 246947View attachment 246948View attachment 246949
Price..... ? The fellow who has a very nice Q/Silver has a mount but its for a Suzuki.... I have a grinder..metal and a welder.... :)

Scored a very nice Q/Silver while I visited my brother in Omaha. Now work'n on a mount from Halfmile .... Next.. perhaps the hard pocket covers... with radio and speaker. Like the one I had back in the day... buy with my hearing lost.... that might be a moot point. I kept the lead to the Vetter group... tip of the cap to Grimly... Guess I should get the 82' running now. šŸ˜Ž

I found the fairing that's on my black '81 on ebay - NOS! The fairing mount was also an ebay find, was in less than good condition, but was complete. All the attaching fasteners were rusted away, so they were replaced with new hardware. The mounting arms were bent a bit, and a couple of welds were cracked - both were an easy fix. The upper mount is simply a 5/16-20 X 3" bolt that goes through a thick bar behind the steering head gusset (sorry, I don't have a photo of it) with a flat washer and nylock nut on the front. Halfmile's third photo shows the upper mounting tab for the bolt. The two u-bolts were easily replaced with common 1/4-20 u-bolts from the local Ace hardware - bend altered to fit and cut to length - finished with chrome acorn nuts. The Quicksilver mounts for the 650 do show up on ebay, but they are rare. They are easily identified by comparison with Halfmile's photos.

Back