R U Superstitious/Superstitions

Belle

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Here's a couple superstitions I've heard & there are probably a dozen more where those came from, but--are you superstitious?

+ never buy a bike at night, if you do, never ride it during the day time
+ never sell a bike with a Gremlin bell attached--if you do you are selling the bell & not gifting it, unless you mention the bell as a gift upon terms of sale--otherwise, gift the bell

Not superstitious? Or, have a better version of this S.R.V. song available? Kool! Let's hear it! Against superstition--let's hear it!

:yikes:

That's a Stevie Wonder song, and it sounds better with a Funk-style bass line you can hear. All credit to SRV though, I've been to a concert or 2 and been to the grave.

Stevie Ray Vaughn done some of the best covers in concert you will ever hear.

Not superstitious in the least. I do have one thing, though: sometimes what I call a little voice in my head says do this/don't do that and several years ago it told me to go the hell home and read a book in front of the fire rather than go trailriding. I told the little voice to get lost and that night I came home with a broken leg.

Then a few years ago it told me to go check a web site I rarely visit, after telling it to get lost a few times I finally relented and checked the message board on that site. That was how I got the rolling chassis for my race car, complete with extra axles, $1700 probuilt roll cage and current SCCA logbook, for free.

So I will listen if that little voice tells me to do something. ;)

Never paint your bike green.
Never install "crash bars", they are called "engine guards".
Never go to a bike blessing they are bad luck and will cause you to crash. Oops, I mean go down. Never say crash.

Never paint your bike green.

Yep...heard that years ago.......green bikes are bad luck.

Not superstitious...but I dont have any green bikes.....OOOPs....forgot the CT70 Honda

Yikes....:doh:

I had a green Honda CL350. I never had any problems with cagers when I rode that bike. I sold it and got a black Seca 750, damn if I didn't almost get run over SEVERAL times.

Back